Faction #2 - Symbol Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

i would clearly vote for this one, the very sober design fits nicely with my vision of the faction, while evocating the "higher being" they serve.
    great work :)

edit : the shoulders of the white robot feels very awkward though.

and sorry for the double post :x
    LavaSnake likes this.
  2. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

If I get a chance on Photoshop later I have an idea that combines some of the better ideas into a simpler form... something more like the existing faction logo in terms of simplicity and that covers all the conceptual bases while avoiding any cliches.
  3. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

Thank you kind sir.
    The shoulders are a bit of a problem, because they overlap with the negativ space under the commanders arms.
    I didnt realy notice it but now that you say it realy looks a little weird. i'll improve it a bit anyways, so thanks for the feedback :).
  4. KyneSilverhide

KyneSilverhide New Member

Maybe the hammer.. but with a robotic eye in the center ?
  5. archcommander

A rough sketch of a Faction Symbol. I've taken the best ideas and built upon them. So in it we have 'three rays' of the sun, alpha and omega (the beginning and the end, first and the last), a power icon (on/off, 1/0 and ontologically for a machine life/death). The 'Star of David shape could represent space and the corrupted text idea that lordxanos came up with are all merged (because it was a great idea - although pardon me for my poor attempt to photoshop it in it doesn't do the good work he's done with it justice). Feel free to tweak this. I thought an outright power symbol would be too much of a cliché but it has to be in there somewhere (another great idea)!

Attached Files:

diabpk99 and lordxanos like this.
  6. c4ptainpronin

Reworked it a little, i think it is a vast improvement over the original.
    edit: heres a thumbnail, for scalabilitys sake.
    pa_fanatics4.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 15, 2013
  7. vymun

vymun New Member

The eye might need a little work but here are some of my submissions, i included a thumbnail of every version at the bottom Edit: Disclaimer: i borrowed the galaxy from the other factions emblem
    Image008.jpg Image005.jpg Image006.jpg Image007.jpg Image008.jpg
    Last edited: October 15, 2013
    archcommander likes this.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

As usual you guys are coming up with killer stuff.

At first glance the xbox on/off button is a bit cheesy but it's a neat idea to draw from that because to machines that might have some special significance.

We obviously won't finalize the symbol until we get the faction name nailed down.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  9. acogdev

acogdev New Member

I like this a lot.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  10. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Looks great! Although you may want to work some more on those shoulders. They're better than the first version but still look a little strange.
  11. archcommander

Yeah I used the on/off button but tried to diverge slightly along the same line of thinking as yourself. It could be cheesy or a cliche very easily if too obvious.

Edit: And I think there is more that could be done to diffuse that even in my own idea.
  12. c4ptainpronin

hey if the leader is a delta commander its fine :D.
    but yeah its still a work in progress. i`ll probably do another one tomorrow, thanks for the feedback.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  13. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Given that just about every electronic device in our world has that symbol on it (my laptop has that stylized 0/1 thing too) it might as well be machine-religious.

Seeing as Faction #1 got an awesome symbol too, i am confident you guys can add a little something to make it....memorable and awesome.
  14. LordTarius

LordTarius New Member

One of the 'on switch' symbols. Simple and recognizable. Yes, the on switch has been used on occasion, but it isnt cliche like gears or anything. Although you could have an on switch symbol in the middle of a gear.
  15. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

The on/off button, especially with a solid outer ring, makes me think of an Apple Macbook. The religious idolatry of this faction isn't helping matters, either! If these robots charge into battle clad in white enamel, the reference would be complete.
    lordxanos and LavaSnake like this.
  16. c4ptainpronin

Another one with a more detailed commander in the front. Still scales pretty well and also looks better close up. pa_fanatics5.jpg
    pa_fanatics5.jpg
    eep, ST13, mrpete and 5 others like this.
  17. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I like those changes! Very nice!
  18. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Have you seen Obivion? The robots pull off the Apple-look and it's amazing
    LavaSnake likes this.
  19. Cryonicfire

Cryonicfire Member

Here is an idea:p

Attached Files:

20. cne9979

cne9979 New Member

I like the motif of the image of a giant smelting vat flanked by 2 large gears to either side all seen straight on in mid pour (of steel or neurosteel but it doesn't matter in monochrome) and the pour is coming down to pour/fill into a planet. The bottom semi-circle clearly a planet with lands the top semi-circle still being layered by the pour like a custard and on the background of space.

Since they seem to want to spread their message not war this better signifies their belief in the machine creator rather than following a destructive tone.
    LavaSnake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.