Faction #2 - Symbol Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

2. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

To avoid meme cliche they could make the line go right through the circle to symbolise a shattered eternity?
  3. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Now resize it to 50x50px and enjoy unreadable mess.
  4. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

Yeah, I know, but it's just a test from the ideas of this thread. ^^
    I think it could be better without lightning.
  5. microwavelazer

microwavelazer Member

messed around in gimp for a while and came up with these. There probably too simplistic but I am really liking the idea of smooth lines and or curves just because of the religious undertones of the lore for the faction.
    thing.png thing2.png
    hahapants and archcommander like this.
  6. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

7. little

little New Member

The problem I have with the hammer is that it is a biological tool. A Progenitor tool if you wish. Something that factions wants to destroy. Also they have absolutely no need for hammers. So this doesn't make any sense.
  8. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

This is a warhammer, not a hammer.
    But if you think it's a hammer, it could make sense, if they want to turn off these biological tool (center symbol and circle quite like a target). So it makes sense. :p
  9. reiverta

reiverta New Member

... You know, there's something to be said for your logo. I don't like the hammer - too 'biological' for a race that runs on creation via green sparkly stuff, and destroys via missiles and laser cannon.

But turning the I/O button upside down? That's brilliant. It helps 'hide' the cliche, and makes it a multifaceted symbol - in addition to on/off, it's also a 1 standing within a circle. Kinda like a halo.

The One Machine, cast in divine light, anyone?
  10. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Maybe a QR code should be the symbol?
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  12. allot

allot Member

I like the ON/off button idea. I think it should have some relevance to religion. Maybe a cross with an ON/OFF button in the middle?
  13. Devak

Devak Post Master General

A cross has way too much specific stuff to it.

Maybe combine the Infinity symbol with the on/off button?
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Perfect:

[​IMG]

EDIT: In case it isn't obvious, try scanning that code. It's not just some twaddle I pulled off Google Images.
  15. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

:eek:
    Smells good? :3
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I just hope he doesn't own a smartphone.

Who am I kidding, I'm going to get a bollocking later :p
  17. metalmunki

metalmunki New Member

Going with my choice of faction name and faction leader (The Founders and Grand Inquisitor Malach, respectively), I would like something like a chain link (unable to post an image as I'm too new apparently).

The chain represents The Founders' underlying principles of strength and unity
    Last edited: October 16, 2013
  18. FLOWDANGO

FLOWDANGO New Member

If the name does go the way of the Enlightened I would be on the Sun Symbol of sorts band wagon, but a sun with rigid mechanic lines and feel to represent a robot view of the world they live in.
  19. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

This is my first post in the forums, so hello everyone.
    I just couldnt resist to give it a try, so here goes:
    The glorious father of all machines in the backround and his faithfull follower in the front.
    Not entirely sure if the message comes along, i might do another one.

pa_fanatics1.jpg
  20. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

i admit that the idea made me laugh initially, but sorry guys, i think it's a terrible idea.

to my mind, they are not a religion as we know it, i don't see them having religious beliefs. they serve a god, and the god said only one thing : kill the progenitors. i don't think it makes sense to put a lot of symbolism or philisophical whatver in it, their religion doens't aim at giving their "life" a purpose, they already have it.

well they probably consider non-believing commanders as just having their memories corrupted and in need of being "reminded" of their purpose and master.

to my mind, they actually should be the less humanized faction, Legonis machina was inspired by the roman empire, so they want to fight, to conquer. their objective is to triumph of whatever they encounter, and eventually build a glorious empire whey will be proud of. these are human emotions, they thrill on the battlefield and defeat would be a disgrace.

but for the illuminates (seems it's going to be the name) you can sum up everything in one line :

God said : kill the progenitors.

there is no thinking, no glory or shame, just one mission.

of course, you could give them human characteristics, they could be total jerks, full of themselves 'cause god is on their side and stuff, but that's not my vision.
    lordxanos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.