Face Cam

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by taste, February 10, 2011.

1. Runie

Runie New Member

No no no and no. I've only seen this feature in racing games and some console TPS but this is a PC game. You have practically infinite control over your view.
  2. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

This... Is truth...
  3. Dr Rocket sauce

Dr Rocket sauce New Member

Well, this post finally got me to register on these forums. (Why wait so long? Have any of you actually stepped back and SEEN what kind of vibe ya'll put off? Unless ya'll really ARE a group of 13 year old eltist QQ hounds...?)

OP is right, face cam is a pretty standard feature in a TPS. Would I use it personally? Nope, probably not. Does this make it a bad idea? NO! MY personal opinion/needs as a gamer do NOT create some reality in which only MY preferences matter.

Yet you're fine with humans having eyes 3 feet above and behind their head? Third person shooters are unrealistic anyways. MNC isn't military-themed. Your point is?

Know what? I don't play sniper at all... so its a waste of time to implement them. OH HEY, the world DOESN'T revolve around me. So statements like the above make me look like a total douche bag with no understanding of how society works.

You sir, are a jackass. If you don't like the sugestion... then say WHY you don't like it. Don't just say that you wouldn't use it, so the idea is trash. Are you the 14 year old son of a neurosurgeon or something? What kind of backwards sense of entitlement do you have? "If it ain't somethin I'd use, It ain't gonna be in ma gamez!"

I thought luke skywalker had delusions of grandeur. Then I read posts by Jessup.

I don't care one way or another about the implementation of a face cam. I DO, however, want to know why the responders are such a pack of Jackwagons. Not get enough attention at home? Maybe TO much attention at home? (at night, from your uncle.)

What is it that makes this community SO PRO that they are unable to civiliy adress ANY topics?
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

No no, you got that wrong. I'm a Jackass with Opinions. :cool:

When I see an idea that I consider a waste of resources I will speak my mind. Please feel free to convince me otherwise though.

I think that you will have much better map awareness when you turn around instead of using a 'rearview mirror'. You might notice something to your left or right that might have escaped your attention otherwise.
  5. Runie

Runie New Member

Because it's a terrible idea. And if it is so common how come we've never heard the term or ever seen it in a TPS before? Please list the games that use this system that aren't racing games or single player console games.
  6. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I think it just nose dived because OP had to act condescending about answering a simple question of "What is face cam?"

Assuming face cam was assumingly more widespread than we expected, it's not like we need the feature.

Mini-map and radar are also big features we see in lots of shooters and the idea was brought up but they were generally shot down by the community because it doesn't fit MNC's playstyle.
  7. PKC

PKC New Member

i was referring to the video, you cretin.
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Out of all the people advocating this, and saying it's a standard feature... there's been surprisingly few titles actually listed as having this.

Maybe the standard is based off one game? >_>
  9. darthfunk

darthfunk New Member

Kind of a moot point; the game's already in third person. Idk whether a facecam would affect balance too badly or not- it would probably screw over a lot of assassins *as if i care*

And I'd like to point out that turning around 180 degrees is substantially more akward in a TPS than in a FPS- which may be why a fair portion of tps games have these 'facecams.' I'm not advocating it, as i can't predict its impact, but I think it's worth testing out.
  10. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

You have a 360degree vision of everything around you that is is not behind something (except your own team of course).

So I don't think we really need this feature if this way of esp stays put.
  11. spirit

spirit New Member

Sooooooooooooooo much bitching about something people wouldn't even be forced to use.

People play different ways, if you don't like it... don't play that way and move on!
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

It isn't that i'm not being forced to use it. It's that assassins (as much as I hate them) would get the **** end of the stick if anyone was given the option to use it.

I have a better idea, instead of a face-cam, it would be easier for the devs to just put a radar in the corner, showing you nearby things. Then assassins could NEVER come at you. That's what you really wanted, problem solved. How about we take away the cloak altogether? Also, make EVERY enemy pro make a hum 2x louder than the assassin's current one.
  13. taste

taste New Member

how could it possibly screw over the assassin when some of you think its completely useless:

so wouldnt this actually be a buff to the assassin, from the words of some of you?

i mean, if turning around is so much better, the assassin would be much more screwed if you did that right, instead of using face cam.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

One requires more time than the other. On games I have it, I tap it constantly. Here is my question: Why do you want it when you could just look around?

If it's the same thing, then Uber doesn't need worry about it.
  15. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Unnecessary.

If you are worried about assassins coming for your back, why don't you just turn around once in a while?

Imagine:
    You are running around... You tap the key, and you see an assassin lunge at you. By then due to latency, you WILL be backstabbed most likely. However had you turned around to check instead, you would be FACE stabbed. Then again you would probably die anyway considering lunge+grapple from any angle owns anything. :)
    Except tanks.
    And Possibly support Passive 3's with gold armor.
    And gold armor gunners.
    I said perhaps Im not sure.