F.A.Q. Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 21, 2012.

1. rimizak

rimizak Member

I got two words (sorry if it was already mentioned):

Controller Support.

most RTS games are too complicated to use a controller, and while I do play mostly with my mouse and keyboard, it'd be nice to know I can plug in my HDMI cable, put in my Logitech controller and play on the couch. Thanks.
  2. taihus

taihus Member

I think that's your answer.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We won't be preventing support for anything, but that said, I don't imagine we'll spend time before launch investigating support for anything other than keyboard and mouse.

If you get it working at that point through an unusual controller, that's a mod worth sharing to the community. :)
  4. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

I'm sure something could be worked out using Joy2Key and a UI mod if you REALLY wanted it . . .
  5. rimizak

rimizak Member

Thanks for the reply, Garat. I'll definitely see what I can do when it comes out :)
  6. q5sys

q5sys New Member

Mike,
    Thanks for the link, it did address all my questions regarding the commanders.
    Any word on the Linux dependencies... or are you guys still working on the core part of the game and havent figured out all the software spec reqs yet?
  7. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

Help!! I've pre-ordered the game some time ago but I don't believe I have access to the backers lounge since I can't open the thread with the link provided, can anyone inform me if I can still become a backer? If so, how? I don't wanna miss out on the cool looking proto-commander units! T.T but if I already did anyway, could anyone please clarify? :(
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Not much I can do in that regard, you should prolly PM Garat directly to get the process going.

I'm a Backer just like anyone else.

Mike
  9. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

In mike we trust...

I believe the only commander you have missed is the progenitor which was for kickstarter backers. if you get the right pack you should get all the others.
  10. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

Really?! awww man and the progenitor looks so badass, I swear if I was aware of the game during its kickstart I would've pledged atleast 100+ still, I'll try to save up and chip-in by getting the Cosmic LE package.
  11. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

if you get in contact with the devs (say a pm) and explain your situation, i'm sure they will be reasonable. But it might be best to also be making a donation to smooth talks over.
  12. thepossu

thepossu New Member

If I pledged during kickstarter, how do I upgrade?
  13. KNight

The official cut off was the end of 2012, maybe try PMing Garat to see if anything has changed.

Mike
  14. darkdxz

darkdxz New Member

While we do know about there being language support for the game, can Polish (Polski) also slip onto the list of supported traslations?
    While I won't mind it being in English (lesser language barrier issue, probably), I'm sure that Polish people will really enjoy such a great game to be also shipped in their native language.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

All of our translations are being done with a combination of professional and crowd sourced translations. We're in the process of getting the back end support for this for our website currently, and then we'll be starting to add in the game strings.

In other words, we'll be translating for any language that the community wants to support, plus guaranteed on some (EFIGS for sure, everything else based on demand), but basically, if the community decides to help us localize it - there won't be THAT many strings to localize, we'll include it in game. :)
  16. ghilz

ghilz New Member

Got question regarding the game key offered with the pre-order (Sorry if it's been answered before and I missed it). It mentions "Once activated, this key entitles you to download the game and play on as many computers and operating systems as you want, under your UberNet account."

How does that translate to online multiplayer? Can every machine with an install with the same game key play online at once ?
  17. KNight

Think of it like steam, the key is tied to the account, so a Key is good for one account, so while it may work fine across multiple computers simultaneously for offline play, but only 1 computer can use the account online at any given time.

This also means you could have in installed on 2 computers, and if a PA owning friend comes over they can just sign on their account and you could both play online(as you each have an account)

Mike
  18. ghilz

ghilz New Member

Alright. I was curious as me and some friend were considering pooling together for a preorder.
  19. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

Quick question:

If we pre-ordered something like the Cosmic LE Planetary Annihilation game, for those of us who don't live in the U.S., do we have any shipping options or do we just manage somehow?
  20. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

It's Spring, shouldn't PA at least be in Alpha by now or is it in Alpha and the OP just hasn't been updated yet?