F.A.Q. Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 21, 2012.

1. Consili

Consili Member

I backed Planetary Annihilation during the Kickstarter and also got an extra beta game key as an add on to gift to my brother when that is enabled. I have two questions in relation to this.

1) what does that beta key get in terms of commanders - do they get the same commanders that my pledge is eligible for? (my pledge was $150, so currently I am getting the Alpha, Progenitor, Theta and Delta commanders). If it is not eligible, is there a way for my to bridge that gap by acquiring and gifting them to him as well.

2) with the add ons I only saw gift keys include retail release and retail release + beta. Will there be a way in future for me to turn it into a release + alpha key?

I realise that some of these may be over optimistic on my part, but some clarification on what gift keys are eligible would be helpful I think.
  2. branly

branly New Member

I don't know if it already been asked but here is my question:

Will there be walls in PA?
    Just like in TA to hold and defend against lasers and cannons?

If not:
    I really like the idea to diggin and hold your "fortress", how is this possible within PA?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You should check out this thread.

Mike
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

1. A pure $40 beta key will get the Theta commander. And the answer to the second part and question 2 is...
    2. We're working on this now. Because the setup of the reward tiers was a little more complex, we're figuring out what makes sense. Actually implementing it should go a lot faster, since much of the backend work has now been done to support it. There are some other features we need to bring online overall to support all of this as well - such as easily being able to assign keys/packages to friends, etc.
  5. Consili

Consili Member

Thanks for the fast response garat, hopefully that involves some upgrade options for the gift key. In hind sight I probably should have made a pledge on his behalf so he got the Alpha and Progenitor commanders but I didn't know any of his details and I wanted to gift it to him.
  6. XPS9

XPS9 New Member

Can you please give the price of the games in £ and also $ because not all of us live in the U.S.A. Cheers! then ill pre-order
  7. supercss

supercss New Member

Will this be released on steam?
  8. garat

Since the value of currency changes day to day, sometimes minute to minute, this is usually impractical. Our cost is always in USD, and doesn't typically change from $40, $60, $90 and $250, as that's what we do transactions in. If you want to know what it will cost on any given day, all we can do is recommend looking what the exchange rate is on that day.

It's hard to list a moving target. :)
  9. Consili

Consili Member

If you type x usd to y currency into google then it should give you a current conversion rate. For instance I just typed "40 usd to pounds" and got the result "26.55 British Pound Sterling" :) I use that feature frequently to convert USD to NZD.
  10. KNight

I use that to convert anything ever.

Mike
  11. supercss

supercss New Member

let me rephase the question: If I preorder Planetary Annihilation on the Uber Store, would I get a code for my to install it on steam? :?:
    Thanks for the answer you might provide and good luck!
  12. Nerfed

Nerfed New Member

Will there be micro transactions?

I sure hope not. Sell the game or sell cosmetics, never both.
  13. OrangeJuicePanda

OrangeJuicePanda New Member

Will the game support 2560x1440 resolution?
  14. deltafarq

deltafarq New Member

I only found out about this game after the Kickstarter was over. Is there possibly going to be any way for people to get the alpha commander/progenator as part of one of the higher costing packs or something like that?
  15. KNight

That'd be kinda counter to the point in that they were offered as Kickstarter Exclusives.

Mike
  16. garat

I imagine we'll support almost any resolution imaginable. The question is: will your machine be able to handle 2560x1440. ;)
  17. OrangeJuicePanda

OrangeJuicePanda New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering because SMNC does not support 2560x1440 and I was wondering if this game was going to.
  18. q5sys

q5sys New Member

I'm also interested in what the dependencies will be.

I purchased PA back in January when there was a 'theta commander' But reading this thread and looking at the current kickstarter page... I see that there is also an 'Alpha Commander', a 'Delta Commander', and a 'Progenitor Commander'.
    Are these all just different names for the same thing, and the names show how early of a supporter you were... or by buying early have I (and others) limited ourselves from getting access to more powerful 'limited edition' units, because we were supporters earlier in development before the some of these units were created? When I purchased I dont recall any other unit other than the Theta Commander being mentioned.
  19. KNight

Seeing as you've already Pre-ordered, you should have Access to the Backer Lounge, in which case you should check this thread out;

Commanders and What we know so far

Should answer all of your questions.

Mike
  20. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Well, I want support for good-old-one CRT, 4:3, because I still have one. Yep, still. 1152x864 would be handy.