F.A.Q. Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 21, 2012.

1. Kahdir

Kahdir New Member

New to gaming on Macs...

1.) Will Multiplayer be open to all platforms simultaneously? (ex: a Mac user vs. a PC user)

I haven't played PC games in over 5 years and I don't want to dual boot/boot camp my 15" MacBook Pro Retina. With consoles, a Xbox 360 player can not play against a PS3 player... I just want to know if I will be limited to AI and a few Mac opponents.

2.) Will mod tools be offered after release? (making it easier for user content like Robotech mods or custom skins)

3.) Any chance of a pre-made planetary system similar to our Solar System being included in the Game? (to include all moons, rings, dwarfs and asteroid belt)

The land mass doesn't need to be crisp/detailed for Earth, just hoping for a default system that could pass for The Solar System... and maybe a planetary system with 3 suns :D
  2. elexis

elexis Member

1) When it comes to porting games from on PC OS to another, multiplayer code is one of the easier things, and factoring in they are building it with cross-platform in mind, its pretty much a certainty.

2) I believe it was mentioned.

3) Certainly can be done, even if it is a user map. (we might not have the million-odd asteroids though)
  3. jetfire003

jetfire003 New Member

On the topic of physical vs digital copies of PA, is Uber planning to ship out phyiscal copies globally, aside from the kickstarter pre-orders? I personnally would really like to have a physical copy, but, as far as I can tell it can no longer be pre-ordered.
  4. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Its still up for preorder
  5. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

I imagine it will be up for pre-order until it comes out. Hopefully I will not be proven wrong.
  6. blocky22

blocky22 Member

Ice planets?
    That could be drilled into and broken with liquid water underneath.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We are working on a way to upgrade pre-orders now, actually. Backers had a way to upgrade, but that has now been turned off, but pre-orders who, for instance, just bought game and now want to get into beta will have a way to do that. I will add that process to the FAQ as soon as we have it ready to go.
  8. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Great news. Thank you garat!
  9. cheeesey

cheeesey New Member

Does the Galactic Edition grant access to the backer forum?
    How do I contact Uber for my account and purchase problems?
    If I change my e-mail in the Store page, will it send a second verification e-mail?
  10. garat

1. Already answered, see last entry
    2. I'll add that! Good catch, thanks.
    3. While you can change your email address now, I don't think we have the verification working yet. I've updated the entry regarding the account management.
  11. slashout

slashout New Member

Hey guys, I've got two questions ;

1- In KS the 40$ pledge includes the beta, but on the PA store page the beta is only available for 60$ + tiers. Have the requirements to enter beta changed? Or was the beta entry level lower for KS pledgers as thanks?

2- I couldn't pledge 90$ in one go to get an alpha key at the time. But I am now considering upping my pledge from 40 to 90$, is there a way to do this now?
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

1] Think of it as a backer discount, the requirements haven't changed.

2]I think the cut off for KS pledge upgrades was at the end of 2012.

Mike
  13. jetfire003

jetfire003 New Member

14. pheasantplucker

pheasantplucker New Member

USB thumb drive keys

I ordered the USB thumb drive and was wondering if the key for that copy of the game will be emailed to me or if it'll be on the thumb drive. I'm hoping it'll be emailed so I can download a copy of the game and play immediately at launch instead of waiting for the drive to arrive in the mail.
  15. garat

We'll be sending it via mental telepathy. :) Honestly, we're not sure yet. Basically, whatever's easiest. It's probably that the extra key, including that with the thumb drive, will just be sent to your account to use as you please. But once we're closer to that and figure out how we're going to distribute things like that particular hybrid case (physical good + digital key), we'll make sure we let you all know.
  16. atua

atua Member

I didn't know that was one of your stretch goals!!! :eek:
  17. furynick

furynick New Member

I ordered Galactic Editiion but I want to install the game on a test computer prior to install release version on my main computer.
    Does the key will be "transferable" from one PC to another ?

In extension, in case of hard disk problem (I recently crashed mine), could the game be reinstalled with the same key ?
  18. garat

Keys will be account based, not machine based. So you'll just login to install, patch, etc, but you can install on multiple machines.
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Funny how people already assume that stuff like machine-based keys are standard by now.
    Some publishers really did some horrible things to pc-gaming in the last few years :S
  20. furynick

furynick New Member

Thanks, good news :)