F.A.Q. Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 21, 2012.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

See my post in this thread, particularly "F]"

Mike
  2. elexis

elexis Member

Also, it's a northern hemisphere thing.
  3. untg

untg New Member

Thanks, did not answer my question though. Summer happens at different times all around the planet. I'm reading from Australia so to me, that means November/December/January(2014).
  4. KNight

Sorry, my psychic powers must need recharging >.> In a cases like this, it's best to check on where it was posted from, in Uber's case that's Seattle, WA, USA.

Mike
  5. untg

untg New Member

No apology required! Maybe just read my full post before replying next time :)

So the FAQ should really just say June/July/August 2013.
  6. KNight

You mean this?

That says nothing about your location.

Mike
  7. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

I think he was more pointing to the fact that he was asking whether summer meant December/January or June/July.

And untg, welcome to the internet, where Northern Hemispherians often don't recognise the existence of the Southern Hemisphere. Hard to blame them though, since the majority of the world's population is in the north.
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Oh the fun to be had went people don't understand that the other side of the world has different seasons to you.
  9. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

In all honesty, when i read that post the first time i totally missed that you were talking about summer in Nov/Dec. Sorry bud, but the planet only has a northern half. :lol:
  10. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

honestly that confused me as well, but then i realised this is being developed in america, therefore, june/july summer.

and honestly, i would rather be in the northern hemisphere. the weather here during christmas is atrocious...
  11. inuichi

inuichi New Member

Having previously purchased the basic level per-order, and now having the boon of Christmas money, is there any way I can upgrade my preorder? Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this.
  12. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

Right forum, but unfortunately i don't know the answer
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We actually don't have an easy way to upgrade at the moment, but that's a good idea. I'll talk to our engineers who are the masters of this sort of thing when we're back from the New Years holiday.
  14. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

I know Planetary Annihilation will have water worlds with navies possible, but will we be able to have ground, air, and sea all one one map or 'world'? A good example of what I am talking about is Supreme Commander Forged Alliance's most popular map "Seton's Clutch".

I would also like an option to 'upgrade' my purchase.
  15. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

Of course you will be able to make ground, air and sea all on the one world. Anywhere there is water, you can have sea (whether its a redundant amount doesn't matter, technically you can still have it), you will always have ground (unless you're on a water world, but even then i think there may be ocean floor capable ground units [discussed, not confirmed]), and anywhere with an atmosphere will have air (most planets, probably metal planets. Not gas giants).

There is currently no option to upgrade or change your purchase:
    Please look earlier into the thread before you ask a question. In this example, it was the post before yours...
  16. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Great news! Oceanic planets are in so I was not sure if navies would be limited to those exclusively. What you said makes complete sense and I am very glad to hear it. I am glad they are implementing aircraft properly as well.

Yes I was actually replying to the previous post saying I also want the feature - the original poster of the topic is not alone.

Has what type of aircraft will be featured already been addressed? I'm curious about rotary wing (doubtful), fixed wing, and VTOL aircraft. For example Supreme Commander has hovering gunships (sort of like rotary wing aircraft of today) and more traditional fixed wing with strictly rear thrust.
  17. nightnord

nightnord New Member

Gas giants, AFAIK, are air/orbital-only.
  18. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

I thought it was confirmed that they were Orbital only, and would only be a massive resource mine?
  19. KNight

Very little is known 'as fact' about the Stretch Goal Planet types overall and of course everything is subject to change.

Mike
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Hey guys - try and keep non-FAQ related conversations in the numerous other threads. :) I'll clean up this thread soon anyway and make sure any issues we can respond to are listed in the FAQ.