F.A.Q. Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 21, 2012.

1. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

€ for euros
    $ for USD (US dollars)

I give you a list of all prices $ and €:

Combat Edition: 40$ l 30,84€
    Warfare Edition: 60$ l 46,27€
    Galactiv Edition: 90$ l 69,40€
  2. creditdawg

creditdawg New Member

ok, they fixed it before on my confirmation it was 40 euros, now it's 40$, i think it was a glitch
  3. ph4ntoms33ker

ph4ntoms33ker New Member

Is there any idea what the system requirements will be, or if not, any idea for a time when that might be known?
  4. thapear

thapear Member

Try again in 6 months.
    Anyway, he said something about that the game should be able to run on a dual core and an Ivy bridge integrated GRAPHICS card (not the CPU part, the GPU part).

Graphical Processing Unit.
    Before people go "WAAAH, IVY BRIDGE".
  5. otztafan

otztafan New Member

Hey,
    a friend of mine had the idea to make a Let´s Play of the Alpha of PA, u know, show the game to people and stuff. But are we allowed to show the Alpha to the public? Maybe we wouldnt do the LP in English, is this a factor?

Would be nice to get a reply :)
  6. thapear

thapear Member

You will probably need to agree to a pretty strict NDA when starting the alpha. (I recall neutrino saying something about not wanting to show the world the game with all it's alpha bugs).
  7. otztafan

otztafan New Member

Hmmm, sad :/

Do you know how to contact them directly?
  8. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

They stalk the forums a bit. They might well post on here.
  9. otztafan

otztafan New Member

Ok, then ill ust wait and look it up every now and then :)
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Updated the FAQ, including the "bare minimum specs we expect will be needed", which is still subject to change.

As for Alpha/Beta, the terms of most alphas and betas require an NDA, but we haven't decided what will be needed as of yet. Once we do, it will be broadcast to all participants of each level.
  11. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I had assumed that, since you have such broad and ongoing access to the alpha and beta, the NDA would be nonexistent or minimal in a manner similar to Minecraft.

Personally, I think something along the lines of "Just don't bash the game based on bugs/placeholder art/other dev stuff and it's all cool" would suffice. Then again, my livelihood has absolutely nothing to do with the game.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The problem isn't what we think of the game, technically speaking our opinion "doesn't matter" because Uber already has our money, ignoring that we(for the most part) also have a better understanding of the process and progress the guys at Uber are making.

What the guys at Uber are worried about are the opinions of the outsiders, people who know nothing about the game, but are still a potential customer, if you watched the Live stream where they demo'd the current Planet Generator you've heard how many times Mavor STRESSED that this was just an early and incomplete/in-progress Prototype.....yet for all that I'd bet Money that there were still some people that still said "WOW that planet looks like crap and the UI is horrible" and won't give PA a second thought forever.

The NDA likely won't be as bad as they can normally be, but I'd expect one for at least the Alpha, the game will but changing so much(and prolly fairly drastically as well) that it will get all jumble up for those outsiders, Beta is still a bit of a toss up, depends what still needs to be nailed down, if it's just balance stuff I'd bet there won't be an NDA, but we'll have to wait and see.

Mike
  13. dieorby

dieorby New Member

I saw and read the update thing that said that you sent emails to people that pre-ordered, I didn't get that. :cry: Is it posible to re-send it?
  14. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Use support@uberent.com , they should be able to help.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Mails were sent to early backers. We have not done any specific mail sends to pre-orders. If you've pre-ordered, you've done everything you needed to do, at least for now. But our early backers, especially people at the $100+ level needed to provide specific information, such as shipping addresses. :)

That's a clear distinction to make - pre-ordering is not the same thing as early backing, even though both will result in much the same thing (When all is said and done, everyone who did either of those will be able to play the game).
  16. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

That sounds reasonable, but a strict NDA is impractical for an alpha that isn't strictly internal. The only other games I can think of that have had as large an alpha as PA will have are Prison Architect and Minecraft. Neither of which had strict a NDA and both of which did well commercially.
  17. KNight

Well the final call is up to Uber, but if it were me, I'd most likely have some form of NDA for the Alpha(maybe only partially, like early alpha), for the reasons I already stated.

Mike

Mike
  18. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I see what you did there.

#petpeeve
  19. KNight

Well, it's just what I do when ever some one gets annoyed by it, had some fun on several occasions in the GPGNet Off-Topic Forums.

Mike
  20. untg

untg New Member

Just wanted to clarify, the FAQ said the release will be summer 2013 (Nov/Dec 2013), is that correct? When I put my pledge in it said earlier than that I was sure. Ie. June/July or something.