Exploit Reports - Title Update edition!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by forrestthewoods, October 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Hey guys,

Thanks a ton for all the exploit reports leading up to the title update. We got tons of great feedback from the community. Because we've released an update fixing the previously known exploits I've closed and locked the old thread.

If you think you've found or spotted an exploit of some variety please send me a private message with details. Hopefully there won't be any new issues this time around so this thread sits empty forever and ever.

- Forrest
  2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Tank shooting through walls. No sense in PMing, since most everyone knows about it.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yea, I caught myself doing this by accident on Steel Peel.

I was trying to get away from death once I noticed the enemy gave up on me I deployed to regen. my health. I happen to deploy in front of the small half-glass walls on the upper platform. This is when I noticed I could see over the walls and my reticule was not obstructed from it. I.E. it was showing my line of fire going over the wall. I tested it with a few shots and on my screen it was going over but I could tell the actual shot was going through the glass.

Now from the way it looks on my end I have a feeling this can NOT be fixed and it cause from the engine they use. The shot goes through the wall but to me I am shooting "over" the wall.
  4. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

It could be fixed similar to the "Support hacking through walls". I havent tested if they just patched the maps or if they fixed the issue through code (can test by throwing a firebase and try hacking it though the glass). If facing a wall and if you are too close it will slide you back a bit. Another thing is they could make the starting point of the shot further back when deployed have it invisible and deal 0 damage until it travels a certain distance (aka where it comes out now). This would fix it as the shot would spawn behind the glass instead of through it like it does now.
  5. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

The Tank rail gun issue is a really interesting one because of how many affecting factors there are.

Monday Night Combat is a third-person-shooter with characters significantly off center of screen while holding a gun low to the ground which has a piercing shot that goes through multiple targets. Phew, talk about a mouthful! To make matters even more complicated you have to consider the rendering of visual effects both for the player shooting the gun and other players seeing the gun being fired in a latent environment. It's quite a lot to deal with as you can imagine.

That said, all of those issues have been carefully considered with the pros and cons of each potential solution relentlessly weighed. We unfortunately couldn't get the issue resolved in time for the first Title Update but it has been fixed and should be included in the next update.

To preemptively answer when that next update will I quote Eka - "Our first free DLC should be out sooner than later. We'll have announcements of what's in that DLC in the coming weeks."
  6. nealpro

nealpro New Member

Just played against a tank named BAM Inc who was invulnerable. His health appeared as full red (near death) but could not be damaged by players. He just sat at in our base for 5 minutes until the moneyball went down. Not sure if that's an exploit or a hack.
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Not sure it's either, more likely a glitch. People have been known to get stuck somewhere on the map and not be able to get damaged or damage other players. I think it mostly happens to assassins, but I don't see why it couldn't happen to any class.

Earlier when one of the developers commented on how challenging of a problem it was to fix I figured that it would go unresolved since it doesn't have a huge negative effect on gameplay, but I'm glad to hear that it's already been solved.
  8. nealpro

nealpro New Member

Good to know, Poh. Just to clarify my post, though, he wasn't literally "stuck" in our base... he could move just fine.
  9. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

I just posted in another thread about a tank's death blossom going through the wall on Laserazor... I was in the tunnel at our base and it came through right near where the tunnel starts to turn, about halfway across. I dodged it so I'm unsure about damage, and I don't know if he realized he could do it and knew I was in there, or just happened to DB some bots in the base or something....
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

RACIN,

The effect will clip through a wall but the damage shouldn't. We'll check on that tomorrow and test it.
  11. CDR Alpha Niner

CDR Alpha Niner New Member

My response to the patch:

Were there any health increases for the classes as part of the update? Seems like it's a bit more challenging to kill Assassins and Snipers than before.

We've still got issues of players juice-glitching on us, but I suppose those will never go away...

Also, the "streak" tags aren't being applied properly. In game, I was told I earned a Mega-Streak, but post-game list said I got an "Ultra Streak." And I was awarded "Team Leader" when I didn't lead in the most kills.

I think Snipers are still able to fire through glass panels.

Seems like alot of people are using Snipers and Assassins lately...wondering why (maybe I'm just paranoid)

In the host Migration Screen (which dropped me, by the way), Secrets of the Reloading Masters is still marked as a gold sponsor, when it is not supposed to be...
  12. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

It definitely does not damage through a wall. A Tank tried this on me several times in Lazerazor and failed.
  13. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

Just an hour or so ago i went into a game where an assassin was still speed glitching.
    I am not sure which player it was, there were two assassins on their team and i wasn't as clear of mind to take note of whom it was at that point. During that game and the games thereafter i could not tell which assassin it was, for he did not do it again.
    There is another forum member who can confirm that indeed the assassin was speed glitching if need be.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I was on his team when we seen this but I don't think it was a speed glitch. I really don't know what it was but she got to our base really fast as well did there bot line. By the time I made it to the front door of the base, not spawn, the Assassin was running into our base. btw this was on Steel Peel.

Actually after writing that I think I know what it was. We joined as the match launched. Another forum member/s said that when you join as the match launches we join semi-late to the game. I know when I joined the match I seen the lobby for a second before it launched. I don't know how long you were there Hagen.
  15. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

I believe i was there way ahead of when the game started, because i had time to look at the players even before the lobby was split in two teams....also, i moved out of the spawn together with all the other players on my team. I also remember seeing other players from the opposing team leave their spawn, the normal sight i get on that map everytime (steel peel).
    Then again, i remember something about being able to move before all the other players are in the game, that could have been what happened.....? Him being able to move before all the other players therefor getting into our base before it would normally be possible....?
  16. Zipang01

Zipang01 New Member

I thing i noticed while playing today, was that i had damaged a tank to red as an assassin, He then pulled up his upgrades to which Confounded me, he barely had any health what was he doing? then all of a sudden his health jumped back up to max.

Also, On other tanks i would have level 3 dagger and grapple behind and yet they would have a minuscule amount of health left.
  17. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

It's not an exploit. The tank gets a free heal when he upgrades his passive. That's intentional.
  18. wienermcpeters

wienermcpeters New Member

well anyway, a couple things.

on steel peel you can still smoke bomb to an invisible ledge above the high glass across from the spawn. this allows you to shoot at the ball and pretty much spawn camp as an invisible assassin. i've done it twice in publics, the second was to make sure it wasn't a fluke. then i got down so as to not advertise it.

the known hurt/heal gun issues with aim. juiced supports are invincible. i know that juice boosts the gun's abilities, but if i have a juiced support down to 25% with my gunner and he just goes straight back to one hundred percent the moment he can get in range of me there is a problem. all other classes can be cut down with enough fire power. even two gunners can't do it unless there is nothing to use the hhgun on.

i've been getting stuck on walls and ledges a lot lately. i dunno if this is a byproduct of you guys trying to fix the shooting through walls thing.

i had been seeing instances of the speed glitch every once in a while, though it could just be a lag in the animation of running and lunge. but now im starting to think there may be some secret button combo that allows for short bursts of speed 'glitching' as i saw one player doing it multiple times per game. avoided him on xbox, but since it hasn't been widely reported i was waiting till someone else said something. next time i see it i will take more note. it's happened to me 10 times or so.

saw an assault charge through the air from one base to the other on steel peel, it was the after burner animation the whole time. i know you can use the grenades to jump but i saw no explosion on the start point. i was trying to cut him down from my ledge and he came clear across the map. thinking its somehow a double charge?(latency?) only had this happen once, but i remember it not sitting right with me, even if it is lag related. gotta try to figure out how it happened. the only non glitch explanation i could think of was bomb jump with charge, but like i said there was no bomb.

air strikes still occasionally go through the spawn rings on grenade 3.

sometimes when i use the mortar, they just come out of the gun and explode at my feet even if i'm not blocked by walls and aiming upwards. i dunno what causes this but its kind of annoying having to basically retreat because i blew myself up. again, more accidental consequence of wall barriers?
  19. wienermcpeters

wienermcpeters New Member

lol what double post. sorry. love the hit detection. lol. /post fail
    Last edited: October 22, 2010
  20. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

We call that "clutch passive selection," or "clutch passive" for short. :)

A tank with passive 3 and silver armor can survive a full upgrade backstab without overhealing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.