eXodus eSports

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, April 12, 2014.

1. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

I think PA in general as a game would greatly benefit from having a single big planet (radius>2000) and small orbiting smashable asteroids to fight over.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I like diversity in maps. A single big planet gets boring after the 100th game. A crazy huge system can be fun but also has issues. The occasional comm boxing is funny.

If we try to pick a "perfect" map size and type, we start playing a single meta. Map diversity means each map can have a different style of play if we do it right.
    zaphodx and MrTBSC like this.
  3. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

as @brianpurkiss said, the site breaks on mobile. Other than that it looks good
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It does? It works just fine on my tablet.

*Edit*

For now, we do have plenty of ways to access most of our content that do work on mobile. You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google +. @Bsport does have plans to improve the mobile experience on the site, but there is a huge backlog of work to be done still.
  5. Antiglow

sorry I was not clear. I am talking about a phone, not a tablet. You can also see this when you change the window width to less than about 540px. For example an iphone is 320x480 so you get horizontal scroll as a result of some elements in the page overflowing. The problem at least for the home page is the latest matches table (#tblmatches) and latest news (#news-slider .slide) not being responsive and overflowing.
    Last edited: October 13, 2014
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

just try out the different templates be it moon,mixed lava with islands/continents or lavapools or earthtype with full water, islands/continents or waterpools

for example 2 decentsized starting water/waterheavy planets + one gas

asteroidrushsystem with small smashtoids (mixed lava or moon) and one big starting planet

annihilaserrushsystem with small metalplanet and 2 mixed starting lavaplanets

annihilaserrush 2: 2 metalplanets as starting planets

asteroidrush 2: 2 big asteroids (moon or lava) as startingplanets and one escape-to-planet with same size

mix of the above
  7. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Yer, responsive, kinda time thing atm, we just don't get enough mobile users to justify me putting more hours into it (only 8.5% of total sessions since 01/06 are mobile), so its kinda half done, my feature development list is massive and finishing/fixing responsive is not that high on the list, also theres a lot more fun and useful things i want to do, it sucks but only so many hours in a day.

I am thinking of redo'ing all the CSS, changing out less for sass and using something like susy to give a little bit more freedom with grid layouts, if i do this then i'll most likely do a pass of responsive across the whole site at that point.
  8. Antiglow

Not to go against your logic there, but just to put in something you may or may not have thought about: Most of the time when I am browsing the web on my laptop I use sites in their mobile forms. If I am on windows 8 I typically have my web browser in a small column and other programs in the two other columns. If I am running Linux, then I use i3-wm and the web browser is typically in the same small column most of the time. That all to say that even non-mobile users can and will sometimes experience these problems.
    Last edited: October 13, 2014