eXodus eSports

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, April 12, 2014.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Looks very good, guys. Looking forward to see what's next.

And I see you're using WordPress. And it looks nice already. If you get stuck in anything related to that, try give me a shout. I might be able to help :)
  2. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I really do not know anything about those things. But now that you made me think, you chose Exodus in the name, which literally means "a mass departure of people" :D
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Thanks for all the comments, criticisms and offers of support from everyone. Everything is taken on board!

Getting the site working on mobiles and tablets is a priority right now and we hope to have this done to a decent standard next week.

I don't want to be too cryptic but what you see right now is just a framework, an empty shell. What the site offers will really shine through over the coming weeks and on the 26th April at our first tournament.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

;)
  5. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I disbanded PACE last night.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Um.

What?

You never told anyone.

And it's not just your organization. It's a group effort. I thought the whole point was group lead rather than individual lead.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Maybe PACE should have it's own thread instead of using this one.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

9. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Is it an unspoken tradition to remake eSports organizations every few months?
    And why "exodus"? Subconscious pun? ;)
  10. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

Countdown timer should be fixed. We're going to be swapping the countdown plugin next week either way.

Maybe it was an unconscious decision... Or maybe it wasn't? :p Either way, it's not so much a tradition to remake them as it's just really freakin difficult to make a good one and make it last. We're trying to fix that issue for PA, and considering that we have collectively years of esports experience (professional and not), we believe we can make that happen.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  11. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Is Exodus eSports open to casters?
  12. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

Right now we have a core team that we'll probably use for main stream. As we get closer to bigger events (like the Supernova Showdown) we may take applications for a B stream or a community stream, so look out for that.
  13. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

14. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

I'm glad to see a new organisation taking the lead in the development of competitive PA. Extremely happy with the listed staff members, hopefully past mistakes have been learned from.
    Martenus and proeleert like this.
  15. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    let's hope the proper people read this. People are asking us questions in other threads and I do not really want to flood other topics about eXodus eSports so I will just leave my message here and hope for the best.

In regards the closed tournaments we are about to host. First at all, we have only scheduled one tournament so far - Supernova Showdown. You simply cannot state that we only do invite-only tournaments based on one tournament.

The plan right now is to have equal fun for everyone. We wanted to start with the best PA has to offer. That is why we choosed an invitational tournament. For the future, the plan is to have either open tournaments or rookie tournaments only.

What is an open tournament you ask?
    That is a tournament where everyone who wants to play can sign up for. Simple as that. Beginners can of course meet with top players and get annihilated a lot but hey, you will fight them!

What is a rookie tournament you ask?
    Simple! I don't have any details here, but let's say that top30 players from PA 1v1 Ladder are banned from such tournament and all other people are free to join! That means no competition from pro players and the chance for you, as a beginner, to win a cash prize is much much higher!

So yes guys, please be patient. We do not plan to host a tournaments very often, so it all needs time. There will be plenty of fun for everyone!

Meanwhile, don't forget to support us and if you have any good suggestion for us, let us know: http://exodusesports.com/contact/
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

As per my post in the other thread- I think the way you organise 'invite only' should be transparent and based on a mechanism rather than invite (and from what I've read that looks like what you're thinking anyway). The term 'invite only' is going to put people off. I think its better to have it as 'Qualification required' for a 'Championship' tournament.

It's a subtle difference however changing it to qualification based on an agreed set of requirements (imo a minimum performance level in an appropriate open tournament) means that *anyone* has the opportunity to go for it. What we need to avoid is locking good players out of the top level or otherwise giving preference to friends or familiar players. Also I think we need to separate the 1 v 1 ladders and tournament entry requirements- not playing many ladder matches shouldn't exclude a good player from getting a shot in a tournament.
  17. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread. We will most likely have some events that follow a series structure, but we want to avoid complexity as much as possible for now.
  18. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Here's another build to help counter that, 1.see he has orbital
    2.don't neglect yours
    3.?????
    4.Turns into an epic game :D
  19. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Excited to see the new tournaments and community portal!
  20. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well this was interesting to read on the way back from PAX. Looks exceedingly promising - anthing I can do to help give me a shout.