eXodus eSports presents the Community Cup - May 24th 1800 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, May 14, 2014.

1. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

So umm, this is going to be such an interesting tournament considering Galactic War and the new UI, there are going to be so many bugs, and people have to play a lot from now until saturday to get used to it...
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

A lot of bugs people are reporting are coming from mods. We're working as fast as we can to get all those issues cleared up.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It's going to be awesome.
  4. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Quite honestly thinking of pulling out of community cup due to new UI. It is so incredibly broken.
  5. Quitch

Uber are pushing a hotfix today most likely according to Brad on Zaphod's stream.
  6. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

The new ui with 2 hotkeys to build a unit...ugh, and mods being broken left and right, not to mention needing to get used to new color icons, bugs and more bugs, will this cup even be doable? D=
  7. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

Like the mod developers, we're working over time to make this happen. But it WILL happen. And it will be awesome. We've built our reputation (as little as there is) on doing high quality, well run events, and we don't intend to stop.
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

What mods are you missing ? I got a big chunk of hotbuild already working ... And will be able to fix more. PAstats and system sharing are good already. So tracking tech will work fine. Patches before tournaments are annoying. But we will make the best of it ! Also remember it's the same for everyone !
    Anyway there are some people that can't make it so some spots open again ! Join up and have fun with new patch :)
    Clopse likes this.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Will there be a reseed before the tourney begins or are we basically seeded in the order that we signed up?
  10. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

After we finalize the bracket we will do random seeding.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

D'awww...

I liked both Elodea and Chpodowock being on the opposite side of the bracket as I was. Meant that I had an easy-ish path to the finals. :(

Random seeding really is something to be careful with here. I'd hate for Chpodowock to be taken out by Elodea in the first round (Well.. sorta. Means that the final battle will probably be more curvestompish and less fun to watch, but may or may not be easier for me to get in depending on seeds so...) just as I'd hate to be seeded vs either of them in the first round seeing as how I'm probably the third best player in the tournament. :p

Current seeds are actually pretty good for the most part, only change that I have to suggest is switch either Twinstar or Darksteel with Chpodowock or Elodea so that Elodea and Chpodowock won't face each other in the semi finals. A few other player switching like switching Whokickmydog with, say, speedbird wouldn't hurt either, but all in all, we've got a pretty good seeding here and I sure as heck don't trust a random seed generator to come up with another good seed set. :D

Random seeds are fine for swiss and okay for double elimination, but in single elimination, where if you're the second best player and get matched against the best player in round 1 then you're out with no chance at the prize money, you really need to be careful with seeds.

Granted some degree of leniency can be allowed here since all that we're fighting for is a spare key for a friend (and pride) and the 1st and 2nd place prizes are the same, but still...
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  12. proeleert

Don't worry I can one click seed according to both 2 unofficial ladders. We will take a good look at the seeds for sure.
  13. Tripax

Tripax Member

It really is the best test you can get , I'm starting to think Uber deliberatly releases patches right before tourneys d-:
  14. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Stuart....Thinking you are the third best player in this tournament, will just make it even more embarrassing if you don't get to the Semi-Finals. You're just setting yourself up for hate and criticism...
  15. Quitch

16. tomofleeds

tomofleeds New Member

My in-game name changed after the update back to an old steam name and I can't get it back to 'Not A Turtle', I can get 'NotATurtle' though. Since I registered as 'Not A Turtle' is it a problem?
  17. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. It changed my name from (P)Starlit (which is my steam name) to SooKrispy which is my original Uberent name....So yeah, is that going to be a problem at all?
  18. proeleert

Don't worry I got your ID's
    But for your info you can change your name in the social bar.
    [​IMG]
    tomofleeds and Quitch like this.
  19. Quitch

I believe it's a bug in the current build, but no it'll be fine so long as you linked up PA Stats like the e-mail said to.
  20. proeleert

Getting hyped ! A couple of last day new entrants !