eXodus eSports presents - LoC: The Arena (Tournament)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cptconundrum, December 24, 2014.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

If you're interested, I'd like to help with this mod (mostly UI needs doing?). GitHub, plz.
    squishypon3, stuart98 and guest1 like this.
  2. guest1

guest1 Active Member

I appreciate the offer! UI is the least of it, though - there's a lot of quick and dirty code that needs improving before it's ready to go, and a few features I'd like to implement first as well. Once the basic structure is functional without weird glitches, I'll be happy to take any help I can get.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

To anyone that is still having trouble with signing up; We will try to resolve any issues you're having throughout the day but the safest thing to do will just be to show up with plenty of time before the event (Probably an hour early is fine. We ask everyone to be here 30 minutes early anyway). We don't have a lot of players, so we can probably be a little more flexible with these signups and get things sorted out at the last minute.

Due to life and other related things, maps still aren't out yet. I'm setting that up now, but the exact number of maps we use will depend on how many teams we have at the end. I'll just have to throw the maps into a map pack and give more instructions once we're about to begin.
    xankar likes this.
  4. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

What time is that?
    I'm still unable to access exodus.
  5. cptconundrum

The tournament is 1900 UTC

If you're in irc at 1800 we can definitely get it sorted out for you. It's really strange that you can't see the site at all though. I haven't been around much in the last couple days and if there is an issue with the site I haven't heard about it, but I'm sure someone in exodus will be able to get everything worked out.

*EDIT*

I do see you signed up on team Athena, so either it worked and didn't bother to tell you or someone else already fixed it manually. You should be ready to go!
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

@ishytarus can you please sign up for team jelly ?
    @icycalm all cult teams players are fixed thanks for the swift actions on your end.
    @lapsedpacifist I added you manually, can you pm me to work out why you can't access site.

I'll be in chat to resolve stuff most of the day, or if you have questions just come say hi in #patournaments.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  7. lapsedpacifist

Thanks a lot guys, my train gets in at 4:55 so should leave plenty of time to get online.
  8. cptconundrum

I have just released a map pack on PAMM with 5 maps. The rounds they will be used in is still TBD based on how many teams we end up with.

I also decided to be annoying and release an update to LoC itself. This is a minor balance change to the OtterFamily (artillery). It's weapon will now not fire from under water and it will only do 50% damage to commanders. This should make it harder for the OtterFamily to kill armies from the safety of a lake and easier for another commander to run up and kill it.

All players should open PAMM and update League of Commanders to the latest version. If you host a game on the outdated version of the mod it will be pretty obvious when you fire from under water or do too much damage to a commander. If you are caught using OtterFamily in an old version of LoC and it was your team that hosted the game, you will forfeit.

I apologize for the last minute balance change, but this commander was going to have an unfair advantage on two of today's maps.
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

10. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Team Jelly has 4 players?
    [​IMG]
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  11. cptconundrum

One player is unsure of availability so they have an alternate. We'll just withdraw one at the start.
    xankar likes this.
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'd just like to say that I can play officially now.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  13. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

We are LIVE, some great matches so far!
    xankar likes this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

Was a great tournament gg
    cdrkf, cptconundrum and xankar like this.
  15. lapsedpacifist

gg team jelly, rematch sometime where we don't let headcrab micro anything would be fun :)
    xankar and cdrkf like this.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah congrats Team Jelly, enjoy your 3 commanders :)

Now what to name that ability....?
    xankar likes this.
  17. cptconundrum

Teams Jelly and Athena: I'll send your teams forum PMs once I have had some time to recover from casting. We can talk about the options available for naming abilities. I'm very open to ideas, so it's not just a case of you give me a name and I decide on my own which ability it actually is.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

We both get to make a name?
  19. cptconundrum

Yeah it's not fair to let second place name one and not first. Maybe somebody had all the commanders and only played for the chance to name a commander ability after their mom!
    squishypon3, cdrkf and xankar like this.
  20. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

sechastain jumped to Team Burning and only told me after the tournament was over. I wish he would have told me before, because we had another player who wanted to play. To me it feels like a **** move on his part, to just join us because he wanted to play in the tournament, and I hope that no one else tries to pull a similar move on us in the future. Exodus, can you please make sure that there is no mention of my clan on his profile, including in his profile's URL: http://exodusesports.com/player/cultsechastain/

Apart from that, this was a fun mini-tournament, thanks for hosting it.