every game is a boring turtle fest

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by i dont care, February 26, 2011.

1. Runie

Runie New Member

Gunners are trash at killing bots. Gunners should always be killing pros, they should never need to touch a bot. Or is that assault. Either way neither are very good at bot killing.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I feel like this shouldn't have to have been posted 4 times. Still people are going to argue the assassin should be killing pros as much as the gunner...
  3. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I disagree with you Runie. Actually, killing bots is extremely important for a Gunner. They'll provide a lot of money and Juice, both needed to take down enemy turrets. Plus, Gunner is one of the best bots defender thanks to his firepower, therefore he can push his lane really hard.

I think that "bad" Gunners are the ones going only for kills.

EDIT: my opinion is only valid for Crossfire, ofc.
  4. killien

killien Active Member

Managed to get to 104 in Sudden Death Blitz with me as Gunner and a buddy running Support(he was also new to the game)
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Try solo.

I main assault now, and I am almost always top bot kills and player kills and least deaths for my team. That means assault CAN in fact kill pros and bots, and I would assume with the speed at which gunner can kill players, that in the ~20 seconds it takes most classes to get halfway across the map after death, he could kill a bot wave or two easily, down a turret, etc.

Assassins SHOULD get kills, but only when they can get a lunge backstab, none of this facestabbing **** that's been going around lately. in general, everyone on the team should push bots. everyone on the team should kill players. Some classes are better at certain jobs than others, but there are always going to be situations where they can't do that. Sniper is by far the best player killing class in the game, but only in theory. One bullet can kill anything except a gold armor(?) tank, which takes two bullets.

There isn't really a definitive 'best' in this game, if there was, everyone would play it and it would get nerfed.
  6. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Isn't assault more like a balanced player compared to the rest of the cast? He should be able to kill bos and players almost equally.
  7. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Precisely what I thought, even if he's not good at kiling bots, the gunner is very good at denying an area to the enemy, and so is the tank (who is also very good at killing bots on top of that).
    Killing player as a gunner works, but I don't think going to roam around with your slow ***, getting headshot every now and then if there's a decent sniper in front, is going to be of any use to fill the role for which he really is the best and is also one of the problems pointed in the OP: turrets destruction.
  8. Bomben

Bomben New Member

Absolutely ignorant. Both gunner and assault have excellent bot lane control. The gunners mortar can keep a bot lane pushed back from an incredible distance and as such afford him a lot of safety while doing so, leading to a more consistent control of the lane.

The Assaults grenade launcher and bomb combines to excellent long distance control of the bot lane as well.

As someone already pointed out: All the classes should kill bots. And then kill turrets.
    Kill the players that prevent you from doing those two things or are doing those things to you. Bypass and laugh at the rest.

The most common reason for a team losing is "I play X, I should not kill bots".
  9. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Yeah, chasing pros is a bad idea with a Gunner. I was rather useless to my team everytime I found myself chasing other pros because they were driving me crazy (STOP THE DEATHMATCH THING. PLEASE.)

Hopefully it won't be long before people realize that killing bots = lots of $$$, thanks to the new bots kill count
  10. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Everyone thinks they are a super pro enemy killer.

Here's the thing: you aren't.

And yet everyone uses this excuse to say "oh but I don't have to kill bots" or other such stupidity.

Every single player on the team can and should kill bots. You break off to kill people harassing your bots. Bots are the only thing that will allow a victory before over time.

The ONLY thing.

Any time you let a bot hit your shield while you stand around is an absolutely devastating failure on your part.

This is why the same players lose over and over and over and never learn.

You do not have any understanding of the game mechanics.
  11. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Those aren't good supports, then. A good support is out there in the battlefield.
  12. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Do it solo as a gunner, then as an assassin. No turrets if you really want to see "how well" the gunner pushes bots.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

I know the Gunner wouldn't last as long. By about wave 80 or so I just stayed deployed by the Moneyball juicing left and right