Ever have one of those off days?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Obsydianyte, November 9, 2010.

1. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I'm going to knife you in the kidney and leave you to the vultures.
  2. The Onion

The Onion New Member

such hostility
  3. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

*insert obvious joke here*
  4. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Insert it yourself lazy.
  5. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

that's what she said, whoa!
  6. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

It's funny because it works for both jokes.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I think what happens sometimes with me is that I see someone from the forums, and then I'll think "Oh! It's someone from the forums! I'll show them what I've got!"

And then I'll end up doing completely horribly because I'm trying too hard. Hahaha~
  8. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

pfffft, Randy TRYHARD.

BTW, just so you know, your text is hard to read.
  9. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Seriously? I've already changed it to make it easier. Goodness. I'll make it bigger, then.
  10. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

That looks better.
  11. Slim Jim

Slim Jim New Member

every day is one of those days
  12. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I call them lag.

No seriously, I normally play Assassin and Sniper. I'm actually a lot better than I give myself credit for, but it's lag-

-gy if you have a 1/2 mb interweb connection.

Try it for yourself, you'll find that if you get host, you'll generally do better.
  13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I've been having an off WEEK. Every game that I'm going solo in feels like a lot of work just to go 1:1. I'm sluggish and doing stupid things. I blame it all on DST. That one hour screwed everything up. I'm tired at 9 pm, I wake up at 5 am. And it's affecting my MNC! Screw you, DST!
  14. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Hahaha, I feel you there. I was in a hotel when Daylight Savings Time took effect, and because of the new time I missed out on the VERY delicious complimentary continental breakfast.

Stupid DST.

I hear of people "going solo" all the time. Is it really as it sounds, where there's only one person per team in a Crossfire match? That sounds really intriguing. I'd like to try it out, I think.
  15. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I was at work, so at two, it was one again, we worked 8 hours and will only get paid for seven.

Anyways, syd here just recieved her initiation (getting melee killed) into the forums, congrats :D
  16. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Bahaha~

Why thank you, Rev.
    Also, it was sweet of you to send me that second message--you didn't have to, I know it was all in good fun. :)
  17. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Raaaaape.

Pitted against a team of very competent people, I hardly ever stood a chance, haha. I designated myself the Moneyball Tickler and when inevitably frozen by continuously placed traps, I would Shuri-gun the ball and help guide our team to victory!

I ended up something like 6 - 8 - 17, but it was for the greater good, hahaha~!
  18. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Fffff, if you mean last night when we played together, I totally get you. We got thoroughly raped that game and it was probably one of my worst games in a while! Seriously, playing against like four Snipers who throw traps everywhere is a tough game haha xD And I thought they were my friends, didn't even pull out the lube :cry: Still, good game though, made for some great laughs :D
  19. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Nope. Can't say that I do
  20. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

In this or TF2, not really. In Halo, hell yes. With team based games I play with the mindset to "make the team look good" instead of "make myself look good." There needs to be another metric to measure the player's success in this game in addition to K/D ratio. I feel it over-prioritizes Pro hunting over all of the other elements that makes this game unique. Perhaps an aggregate of your personal spending habits?
    So if I'm on a squad that gets trounced it can usually be chalked up to lack of vocal or sub-textual communication . . . or just too many rando splitscreeners. I tend not to get mad at the former.
    Fortunately, if we get aggravated we have the good fortune of turning the game off and doing something else.