Estimating Collision time in PTE

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Corang, July 16, 2014.

1. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

tl;dr at bottom

I am working on some theories on how to mathematically calculate when planets will collide in PTE since they actually smash instead of clip here https://forums.uberent.com/threads/help-discussion-wip-eta-of-planet-collisions.61969/ and through some research I have found that as long as you have ~60 fps in the system editor 1 second of simulation time in the editor is equal to ~1 minute of time in-game, this means that until (if?) someone (maybe me) figures out how to calculate it mathematically you can estimate it by pressing simulate in the system editor and using a stopwatch (or just counting, whatever works) to figure out approximately when planets will collide

tl;dr Since planets smash in PTE when they collide in orbit, you can count until the planets collide in the system editor and however many seconds it takes, is about how many minutes it will take in-game

NOTE - the longer it takes for planet collisions to occur in the editor, the more off the estimate will be