Energy costing unit and building weapons

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by igncom1, September 26, 2012.

1. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

This is partially what I was working towards, but it'll teach me not to do my research in the future. I was in a hurry to go to bed and skipped on the pre-post reading!

The point I was going to make was that there were all kinds of different types of weapons and not all of them in theory required energy - though that has been proven not to be true, at least in the case of Sup Com -thanks to jurgenvonjurgensen. Even so, I don't see why if people are so worried about not being able to tell what will use energy and what won't, that there couldn't be a visual distinction between them.

The other thing I was going to mention was that even though some of the weapons may or may not have theoretically required energy to fire, the important thing is that regardless of what they actually 'fired', some needed energy from the economy to do so and some didn't. As jurgenvonjurgensen also put it, it's about balance. Something I mentioned earlier in the topic.