Endless Space 2

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by elkanfirst, December 27, 2015.

1. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

Did anyone already post about the sequel for Endless Space?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/392110/

If so, apologizes. But I thought it does worth a look at. Endless Space was quite epic, and Endless Legend is really good. Amplitude Studios nailed a hit after another. Great attention to gameplay, visual design, and sounds altogether.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Yep, I used to go on the forums a lot and did a little modding.

Never could get a handle on the expansions changes though. Preferred besieging over the invasion mechanic.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Endless space never tried to compete for the top spot, it loved being the introduction game to new 4x players.
    tunsel11, Nicb1 and cptconundrum like this.
  4. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Ooh, nice. Always good to see more 4x games.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Nice to see strategy games in general.
    tunsel11, igncom1 and optimi like this.
  6. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

More games is always more better. But, is Stellaris out yet? I've never played it.

On the other hand, yes, Endless Space was the first attempt of Amplitude Studios into the 4x games realm. They kept improving over time. Endless Legend is so refined and enjoyable! Really a pleasure to play. And it's part of the same Universe (Auriga) in which Endless Space took place.

Now with Endless Space 2 the guys at Amplitude Studios are working on improving even further. They got more experienced with 4x games, and the new features they'll introduce are quite interesting.

So, I'm keeping an eye on that title.

But, hej, if Stellaria is gonna be even better, that's only good.

ps. On the side note, the combat dynamic in Endless Space (and partially in Endless Legend as well) isn't that exciting. Hopefully that part will get better.
    Last edited: December 28, 2015
  7. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

Double post, sorry.
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I don't know about that. Paradox has experience with flat, earth based grand strategy. They have zero experience in the space area of this genre. I'm holding my breath because everything they have promised is both vague and over the top. Definitely a solid developer team, but still skeptical.

I've got more faith in Amplitude because 4x is their jam. Endless space 2 is shaping up to be a solid entry into the space 4x genre, and they aren't promising vague or too good to be true features.
    Bsport, elkanfirst and tunsel11 like this.
  9. katorkator

katorkator New Member

Heck yeah! Amplitude is having a contest for a community-created "Diplomatic Pacifist"-themed faction to be included in the game at launch. Head on over to their Games2Gether website to vote. Be sure to link your steam account to increase your vote strength.

Please consider my buddy's faction, "Champion's of a multi-race Empire". They are build around incorporating all of the minor factions (species) in the game (24 at launch). Many great sci-fi have some sort of strong peaceful republic/federation, and the Endless galaxy could use one too. Lots of great choices though, so best of luck to all!
    Nicb1 likes this.