Emphasize Stars on Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by grayfox, July 6, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

But, if you really wanted you could get all the way to level 99 Jackbot solely by playing Blitz.
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

you can also get to 5 stars by playing on empty servers point?

in my experience higher lvl players always have more idea what they are doing and are of more value to a team
    someone that has got to lvl99 jackbot playing blitz would also have to be a pretty kick arse support and i would want them on my team
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

What was the argument again about separating by level?
  4. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

instead of restricting high star players playing on low star servers restrict low lvl players playing on high lvl servers with say a lvl 70 cut off

or newbie servers where you have to be below lvl say 30 or 40 to play

that way noobs have their server skilled players can have their server leave the rest of the servers open for all and piss off star rating all together as it seems to fail badly for matchmaking with most teams being imbalanced
  5. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

Lol that is hilarious! I would love the option to rate other players.

"A+++++++ Gunner would heal again!!"
  6. racquemis

racquemis New Member

This can actually be scripted right now. if there is any interest i will hapily make a script useable by the community
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I would be forever grateful if you could get it to the other server providers.
  8. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Capital!
  9. racquemis

racquemis New Member

I don't think that is possible since the providers still need to allow you to run a application on the machine. This script will not be a mod that can in installed in MNC. but it will be a script that works from the outside to keep high level players off the server.

With that said, i can approach this two days.
    1) create a application people can use to monitor the server and kick those high level players. downside: you need a PC to run 24/7 to run the script on a 24/7 server (if you own your own dedicated server this is no problem. but it can be when you rent a gameserver)

2) Create a service, my host will do all the work and will monitor all registered servers.: downside: you need to trust me with your webadmin username/password.

Which should i create?