Editing build queues

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lulamae, April 1, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

why ? no. why let ashes of the singularity do it first? they're only comming out like a year after PA.
    tenaciousc likes this.
  2. destravous

destravous Member

Even if there are more pressing issues, that's OK. My problem is that there are currently no plans to impliment something like this. Even if it comes later, as long as it comes sometime.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Wasn't even aware of Ashes of the Singularity. Looks promising. I do wish that Uber would put these things into PlanA. I fondly remember setting up a ferry route between two locations and just assigning the factory to it. And moving queued structures would be really helpful. Build templates! Man, I need to play FA, FA was awesome. Please make PlanA as awesome!
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

FTFY ;)
  5. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

It would be really interesting to see such a UI as prototype or PoC.
    There are some (at least for me) use-cases, like joining fabricators on existing build-queues (in opposition to just assist an fabricator on the build queue). But I have a feeling that in the end I would just fight the UI instead of the opponents bolos ants.
  6. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Hotbuild 2 can is capable of building turrets surrounded by walls. Maybe look at how they implemented it?
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It simulates mouseclicks basically.
  8. destravous

destravous Member

I have never been able to get this to work :/

I don't think it would be possible to add the build quo editor as a mod, given the current limitations. It would be awesome if you could, as it would open up many other modding possibilities as well.