Early testing: OS/XLauncher

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 1, 2014.

1. sirbostontbagparty

sirbostontbagparty Member

Loving this Launcher!
  2. nebulafox

nebulafox Member

I don't know if this is a bug, but I have a build number higher than the one released.
    Current build is 62443 and I have build 62519

Attached Files:

3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There was no release notes for 62519, but everyone playing this version at moment.
  4. nebulafox

nebulafox Member

Ah that explains it then.
  5. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

Uh you made a fancy .dmg with ~/Applications link and a Background image (even if it's just an Arrow for now). I've been missing that with the old downloader! Hooray for the little things!
  6. DasBilligeAlien

DasBilligeAlien New Member

Downloaded the OSX Launcher today.

Things I noticed:

- "Verify" reads indeed strange. Maybe dumb it down to something like "Check for Update" or "Check Version"?
    - After clicking "play", the launcher window stays open until I click on it again. Than it closes. The Dock shows two PA Icons until the launcher windows is clicked on.
    - Update log is a white box with black text.
    - And the 6 instead of the down arrow.

Thanks for your hard work.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've seen this as well, but only occasionally. It disappears as soon as it gets focus again; it's like the event loop needs one more pass to realize it should close.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

By the way, will the PTE stream ever be enabled? If hopefully checking it now and then is a waste of time, I might as well stop ;^)
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We will announce when we start to use the public test environment stream. It is not yet utilized, except in very specific instances, and even then, rarely. After launch, or possibly a bit before, we will start to actively put builds up on the PTE as we work on major releases.
    wondible likes this.
  10. sunburner

sunburner New Member

the two icon thing happens with blizzard's battle.net launcher so it's not a unique occurrence.

I bought the game through Steam, and the mac launcher seems to run fine on my retina MBP. I hit verify and it's downloading 605mb of stuff... i'm guessing it's redownloading the game?

Anyway i logged in with my Uber acct though I could launch via steam I'm glad i have the option to not launch steam.

Once this goes out of gamma and into full release it'll be useful because i can play offline.

footnote: I foolishly recreated the inner systems of our solar system in the system editor and slowed the game down… haha. (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, + Moons) I hope we can expand the distance which planets can be placed, but I think that would just lengthen the time units get from point a to point b with the slingshot flight paths… in that case… ignore my footnote… haha.
  11. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

One thing that this launcher needs to do is utilise sparkle... Why on earth does it just dl a DMG then tell me to install it my self?
  12. gibouille

gibouille New Member

I downloaded the game via steam on my maccbook pro 2013 16 Go Ram with 2 Go video card.
    Lots of crash in campaign mode but the skirmish works fine except that.

When I minimize the window I can't get it to come back even by clicking the game in dock.
    ALso I can't gert the game to work full screen (I play on a 24 inch 1920 x 1200 secondary screen)
  13. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

PA didnt work on my PC so I downloaded it on my Mac. Used this launcher. I actually purchased it on Steam, but excited I can also use the launcher.

It all worked well for me. I like the launcher!

Two pieces of feedback:

1) If I haven't already downloaded the game, maybe the "Play" button says "Download and Play" and there is no "Verify" button... seeing as how I dont have anything to verify yet!

2) I think others have said it, but "Verify" seems a little strange. I think "Check for Updates" (if that's truly the intention) might resonate a bit more.

That said, I like the launcher!
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General