DunkTank's Pro [TANK] Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by DunkTank, August 18, 2010.

1. B3NH0LD3N

B3NH0LD3N New Member

this guide says not to upgrade the tanks deploy. i upgrade it because at level 3 you do not have to reload at all. This is good for when the moneyball is down, because if you have juice, then use it and then sit in-front of the moneyball while deployed and the moneyballs health will fly down
  2. DunkTank

DunkTank New Member

Yeah, I mean this guide is just a starter guide and reflects how I play. If you want to upgrade your deploy then by all means, go ahead. I tend to spend that money on bots and turrets, but whatever you want.
  3. KingHaysey

KingHaysey New Member

Great guide, thanks!
  4. DunkTank

DunkTank New Member

Thanks! And BTW, any sticky requests? :p
  5. CH Sidewinder

CH Sidewinder New Member

I have two different custom classes set for tank with different endorsements on each, one for bot patrol and one for pvp (in case you didn't know, yes you keep what you upgraded if you change from one class to another as long as its going from tank to tank, support to support, etc.).

I usually decide which to use based on what my team has at the time, like if there's an assassin or another tank I tend to lean more towards the pvp build, or if I'm playing with friends and I know they have bot patrol covered (like a support actually focused on defense).

for anti-bot, I have skill recovery 3, juice 2, and armor 1. the little bit of armor is always helpful (especially against assassination attempts), the skill recovery lets me pump out more product grenades, which I always get to level 3 first thing since one fully upgraded grenade can usually take out a group of bots, and if any survive picking them off with a rail gun is easy. the juice I have on because taking out bots with it can build up your juice really quick, which you can then use to rush in and take out thier turrets as I'm sure you all know. on that note, I wanna throw in that if you're every trying to take out a group of bots and aren't in a rush, do NOT use death blossom, as it doesn't give you any juice for it (if it does it's a worthless amount compared to what you get for shooting your jet gun normally).

now for pvp, I use armor 3 (since out-living the enemy is an easy enough way to beat them, but more importantly for situations where I'm outnumbered), critical 2 (this was more of a trial, it works okay but I'm strongly considering swapping for RoF 2), and clip size 1. when I use this setup, my upgrade order is usually:

passive 2
    charge 2
    grenade 2
    charge 3
    passive 3
    grenade 3
    I don't worry about deploy, I just save for juice.

I believe upgrading charge more also decreases the cooldown time (untested). more importantly, the stun can let you get kills while taking little to no damage, which is part of why I choose it before passive 3.

The other huge perk to charge is transportation. if you position yourself correctly near a ledge, you can charge off, and hit your boosters right at the end of your charge to cover HUGE distances. I can get across grenadeIII doing this faster than I could as an assassin. there are many many windows and ledges and other platforms you can get to and do this from, for example on grenadeIII, right out of your spawn, walk along your catwalk to either side until you get to one of the giant window shields on the outer edge (next to the big walls). you can boost your way up to the top of these windows on the sides of them (where they're shortest, this may take some practice), then boost on top of the big wall behind it (it will damage you as you stand on it, be quick). then, walk towards the edge, point yourself towards a side of the map, charge, boost, and you're off to the races. you can make it almost to the enemies air lift by their bot spawn doing this. play around with this a bit, both boosting onto ledges and charge launching, and see what you can come up with.
  6. roscoeaton

roscoeaton New Member

it still not all that great.
  7. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Can someone clarify this for me: does RoF do anything for the jet gun?

Right now I have a tank set up for sudden death blitz with: RoF / Armor / Reload, but I mainly use the jet gun/death blossom, so is RoF a wasted slot?
  8. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Yes, increases the dsp of the stream, not sure about the spin though.
  9. halfcrazy

halfcrazy New Member

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but when you press the a button while deployed your jetpack fires, allowing you to fry anything close behind you. It's awesome at frying assassins attacking you from behind.
  10. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

As a gunner who deploys, this makes me giggle with evil glee.
  11. CH Sidewinder

CH Sidewinder New Member

Actually your jump jets don't only burn enemies when deployed. If you ever catch someone right on your back, give them a little jump and if they're close enough they'll light up. This works especially great for assassins who try to grab you on your landing because you can tap A once, then hold it to do a slow decent, burning them longer while they wait.

I know the health regain after a passive upgrade has been mentioned, but I just wanted to throw in with how quick it is to press up on the d-pad, down on the stick, A, and B, you can not only do this in the middle of some fights without having to hide, but you can take out the starting rocket turrets on any map off the bat with this as well if you can get there, giving your bots an early route

I'd like to get your opinions on something. I know this can be situation dependant, but in general when you're at their base and the moneyball is down, do you think it's better to shoot it yourself while trying to help kill a little, or stay by their doors and spawn kill while your bots and team take out the ball, with occassionally shooting it if you need to so it stays down?

And for the love of god do not stand in an exit hallway in your spawn to upgrade skills
  12. GrumblyCoyote

GrumblyCoyote New Member

I've just played with your suggestions and the game went great for me.
    I 10 min, I scored 15/4 with some more assists.
    Thanks! :mrgreen:
  13. vintoks

vintoks Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but just like with grapple animations you can switch weapons while you are doing your charge attack animation.

This is handy if you have your railgun out and want to charge a pro into an immediate death blossom, or with your jetgun out want to charge into an immediate grapple. This may be old news to some but it is still important for Tank 101.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Vintoks that's getting fixed with the upcoming patch.
  15. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

Is it? is that added later on, cause it was not there when i first read the patch post.
  16. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

thank you i wasnt a big taNK PLAYER NOW THANKS TO THIS GUIDE ILL TRY IT :)
  17. Baie

Baie New Member

Thanks you very much share with us