Drinking and esports

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Bsport, January 21, 2015.

1. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

@cwarner7264 and a few others have spoken about this a few times,

But continuing the convo, has anyone been to http://www.meltdown.bar/london beer selection looks poor. but a interesting concept because its a franchise

I'd like a craft beer pub with screen for esports/sports
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've taken a look at it, the beer selection looks rubbish, the place looks cramped, I'd hardly call it an esports bar at all - more a bar with a computer or two in it.

I have some fairly advanced ideas on this topic that I'm working on in private. If I can prove my concept to be a viable business model and get something started, you can bet your bottom dollar you're going to hear about it here and everywhere else in the UK eSports sphere.
    cdrkf and cptconundrum like this.
  3. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

I would recommend some boots on ground reconnaissance one day.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

cdrkf and cptconundrum like this.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Abertay University recently converted the underground nightclub in our Student Union into a sort of E-Sports / Gaming Bar, and it's pretty cool - end up going there most nights. It's run just by some of the staff, former students, who are in the process of getting a better drinks selection (Most of the -good- drinks are taken by the Sports Bar on floor 2), but they set up a bunch of events.

It has a dumb f*cking name though. Why the hell is it called The Common Room, makes no sense
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Damn commoners playing their "esports" and stealing man beer from the Sports Bar!

:p
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hmmm pa pub crawl in London sounds like an interesting event... I travel drown that way about twice a month so could potentially adjust my schedule to match up.... All in the name of science you understand!
    squishypon3, Bsport and cwarner7264 like this.