Does this game snowball too much?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by LtDrebin, March 7, 2011.

1. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I thought that a server admin can remove Steel Peel from rotation, can he not?
  2. LtDrebin

LtDrebin New Member

Well, as I said before, I'm new. Every game I've been in has either been a complete blowout (due to team stacking and ragequits) or extended affairs where one team obtained map control and was able to contain the enemy team for the entire time. Overtime is also a little frustrating, though. It seems like if a game has lasted for the entire regulation time, then once overtime kicks in, the teams are reset. Almost like everything one team worked for in regulation means nothing. Sometimes I feel like if a game goes into overtime, then the previous 20 minutes could have been spent messing around in Paint and it would not hinder your team once overtime hits.

Anyway, there are 3 main objectives that a team can control with map domination (juice, annihilator, bullseye), but in retrospect, those aren't really THAT huge (except constant juicers, but that's just boring...). I guess I have a bigger problem with the kill streak system. I much prefer dota's style of making a player on a killing spree worth more to kill. Rewarding the player on a killing spree with extra gold seems a bit too much and snowballs that player with enough money to constantly buy juice.

Hopefully I'll get in some games soon where a losing team can make a smart, concentrated play and actually turn a game around.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

At the start of a match neither team has map control...
  4. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

Am I missing something? you're filled with rage because I dislike carrying bad people over and over again with no thanks, or the simplest of in game help such as support watching you die to a sprinkling of AR fire when all you needed was a little bit of heal?

When I finally fail getting a loss, pissing me off to no end, teaching me to not bother and seeking out decent players via "stacking" as it were I'm a bastard?

Pfft.

I don't even do this, I've just stopped playing, play with a single friend, get raged at for stacking, don't play with anyone get rolled because randoms are utterly worthless.

"Play competitive!!11" is the cry of most when you reach a really proficient level, like it's a demand, a demand that is mirrored in the UFC atm, "Move up weight classes cos you've cleared yours out", like there's some sort of onus on them instead of their general competition, I'm not implying that's what you would say, I'm just saying...

Even if there actually was a competitive scene for MNC in my area, which there isn't.
    I got burnt out on it then grew out of it with other FPSes, a general **** waving contest with children while waiting in lobbies for people to sort their **** out?

Scintillating.
    No thanks.

So your options for MNC at the moment are.

Righteous - Play with anyone, put up with people who are insanely bad - Sorry, I can not physically do it anymore.

Practical - "Stack" which can mean anything to the people you play against, get raged at, clear server have no one to play - no thanks.

Competitive - Not interested, and no scene available.

Luck - Teams are balanced with a server full of people who know what they're doing - It's based entirely on luck, why bother opening MNC if you have a random low chance for a good game?

What fun, roll eyes.
    Apparently it's either co-op with friends in co-op games or nothing for me these days, dealing with randoms just pisses me off.
  5. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the solution to not worrying about a loss, PLAY FOR YOURSELF
  6. Mail

Mail New Member

Way to not read the actual thread, I did my proper response a couple posts later. I was filled with rage because I was hungry and tired, not because of you. The implication here is that at the time I was willing to choose anything to blow up against, and I made that clear at the start, at my own expense by quoting an obnoxious crab from an incredibly popular webcomic. That's the grey parts in caps. Taking it as a personal attack was your choice. So was disregarding the entire gigantic post I did pretty much three scroll notches down on the same page.

I'd like to make it clear that you're kind of going more overboard than I ever would have, though. Frankly your attitude here is condescending and insulting to a fault. Pretty much every post you've made on the subject seems to indicate you view anyone who doesn't play their A game should be checked for mental retardation, when the reality is pretty simple; people are still new, they're still learning, and lack of communication or help from the more knowledgeable players is not going to help it. Constantly stomping people is going to give them nothing but frustration and crowd anyone inexperienced out of the game. Even if it's pretty much impossible to get the general public to the level of xbox players over night, you could at least help them be less useless. Also, I don't think people who don't really have time to play games as often as you do should be punished for wanting to play a couple quick rounds. A lot of us have jobs with demanding schedules; we shouldn't have to put in 3-4 hours of play a day in order to be able to have fun on a product we paid for. Basically, people shouldn't be forced to learn how to play on a very high level to be "allowed" to have any fun; the fun should happen along the way too!