does taunting piss you off?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by anon357, November 28, 2010.

1. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

So you're saying that players should refrain from taunting, something that gives their team a monetary advantage, because they didn't do the majority of the damage?

Now, personally I think the game code should be rewritten so that the person who does the most damage should get the kill, and anyone else an assist. But with the game as it is, I'm supposed to wait for $100 more to upgrade to level 3 product grenade or to upgrade a team turret just so someone who takes the game too seriously doesn't get miffed?
  2. anon357

anon357 New Member

yeah and what a ***** wouldnt do for money. lol
    Last edited: November 29, 2010
  3. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Here's the thing about taunting: There's something more tactically beneficial to do with your time. And the only reason I get "upset" if they taunt after they kill me, it's for that reason.

But the upsetness pales in comparison to the satisfaction killing people while they're taunting. You think you're safe two bridges away with that taunt? Airstrike on your face.

Come to think of it, *I* should get the extra cash he tried to get, because I interrupted a taunt.
  4. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Did I just get called a "British *****"??
  5. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

The problem with that is if you have a friend on the opposing team, you could simply have him taunt as you kill him. Though on second thought, if that taunt was only worth $5, you would only get that much.
    Interesting thought, maybe to add to wishlist? ;)
  6. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I only taunt If the same person dodging me the whole match dies or if I do something really awesome.

During a steel peel match, some gunner hounding our team juices up and steps onto that circular structue facing the wall near the upper catwalks. I throw one air strike beneath the platform he's standing on and before he gets a single kill, BAM! I had to taunt to that. But then we got raped and lost :eek:
  7. F5in

F5in New Member

Are you stupid? Nowhere in my post did I say any of that.
  8. SpcTorres

SpcTorres New Member

I'm a level 99 and i spawn kill all the time. In this game it's not bad because you can always go back into your spawn and recover your health. I never spawn kill in other games though. Someone who taunts after every kill pisses me off and that's the person that i go after for the rest of the game and pwn.
  9. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Think a taunt pisses you off? Try getting raped and getting the rare Double-Taunt. If you and a friend get a nice kill on one person and are close enough for them to hear/see on deathscreen.. Both taunt, it's a bonding experience, and hilarious.
  10. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

"In this game its not bad" Lol! "I never spawn kill in other games."

Whatever dude. You can always go back in your spawn room and recover health? Yeah, that's how that works. Grow a pair and try to play with some honor.

I look forward to dancing on your corpse.

:lol:
  11. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

This is me all the way. I do it for the money, and get pissed when they do it from spawn killing....
  12. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

CREDIT TO TEAM.
    :roll:
  13. Mellowbusiness

Mellowbusiness New Member

I only taunt when i have the free time to do so, getting $70+ per kill is very nice, but then they have those *noobs* who take it the wrong way and only gun after you until you die.

like i had this assassin who at first tried to poke me in the butt so i instinctively do what all gunners do, smash the ground when you need breathing space. So since there was no one around me, i taunted so i can get that sweet sweet money.

I must have accidently poked him in the butt or something, but he just kept going after me and i just kept on have temper tantrums. (I love me some gold skill recovery, lets you slam every 6 seconds when lv 2 and five lv 3)

10 dead assassins later, he finally kills me because i was also being attacked by a gunner and a support, and then he taunts.

oh well, at least i made him feel better...
  14. ASH

ASH Member

I don't mind taunts except when the same person does it every single time they kill me.

Taunt me once...it's ok.
    Taunt me twice...meh, no big deal.
    Taunt me three times in a row and I'll file an Unsporting Conduct review.

There's a fine line between taunting and serious showboating.
    If you see me online, don't taunt me three times in a row or you'll find your rep a little lower than it was last time.

That is all. :cool:
  15. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Really hope that's not serious.
    I taunt ALL the time. Especially early game.
    It's really a monetary thing not to showboat.
    That being said, if someone taunts me, I taunt them everytime after that.
  16. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

I kill my friend then I say:
    I take large steps, get out of the way.
    Then they say you will pay!
    But I keep killing them all the day.
    Then another friend joins the fray.
    We killed and taunted together like we were g*y.
    Double taunt rainbow all the way! :D
  17. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

LMAO. same with mano. its all about the money. Don't die if you don't wanna get taunted repeatedly. Filing unsporting conduct is a bit ridiculous in a game where taunting is rewarded. Just file one for "Too Good" and it doesn't affect rep
  18. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

It's all down to the money quantum theory.

Taunting = Money
    Taunting + After a Kill = More Money

You have to earn money to purchase skills, bots, turrets E.T.C.

You purchase things to be better (or evil) ergo, money is the root of all evil.
  19. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I can't lie I think this makes you a total DB.
    I could see if there was no in-game reward for taunting but as a base defending support I almost need to taunt to make some rokkit change. I believe, sir, that you are the one committing "Unsporting conduct." Unfortunately the complaint system doesn't have enough options for the reason to avoid so cats like you end up making the system useless. I don't care to avoid a player that taunted you to triple their income from killing you. That's actually playing smart and should be rewarded. Nowadays "rep"= how many people you've played against that take themselves too seriously.
  20. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I do not find taunting to be aggravating due to the logical benefit of doing it after a kill.