Do you think we need female units and commanders in the game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by flamerage, February 9, 2013.

1. syox

syox Member

Re: Do you think we need female units and commanders in the

As long as it matches the artwork of the other stuff, i see no reason to have not units that may look more feminin or animal like or what ever.

Some stupid looking mods will screw the gsme up enough
  2. Consili

Consili Member

That I think most are in agreement over. So long as something isn't shoehorned in and it is consistent with the planned aesthetic then it isn't so much of an issue. That said my preference would be for inspiration for commander design to be a good deal more subtle than "this is a female commander, this is a predatory cat commander, this is a male commander".

I would like to see design cues more along the lines that chronoblip described with his car design examples back on page 9.
  3. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Dostya wasnt complaining about her ACU not being femiline. ACU suppose to be in useful shape, woman shape isnt useful in endless war. Just deal with it, I dont want any skinny ACU or something, they should look badass.
  4. syox

syox Member

There will be a bunch of custom commanders. There will be some commanders to choose from for normal players. Who are you to tell that all shall be heavy and fat looking maschines of war?
  5. Consili

Consili Member

Nobody has said that or suggested that. You are misrepresenting peoples criticisms and polarising the debate. Making pointless statements like that add nothing to the discussion.
  6. syox

syox Member

Well Xanoxis post felt to me like it.
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

And Im just saying that creators of first ACU for sure didnt wanted useless shapes for it. Femiline shape is good for human woman, not ultimate machine of war. Just saying, there will be for sure custom com like that, but for me its... "meh"
  8. syox

syox Member

Ok then i missinterpreted your post. Excuse me.
  9. rockobot

rockobot Member

Oh man
    [​IMG]
    This thread.
  10. stevenside

stevenside Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  11. milessw

milessw New Member

YES! - But only if they have the standard over exaggerated female form and large breasts...

:p
  12. flamerage

flamerage New Member

OMG TROLL FACE IS SO FUNNY!
  13. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

meemees

ecks dee
  14. rockobot

rockobot Member

Oh so you're saying that you're being SERIOUS when you say that the game which features clearly not-human, amorphous, asexual machines should be given gender-oriented features?

i'm sorry, I think this is just a bad idea and you're yet to provide any kind of reason why this needs any kind of traction in this game. There is nothing "masculine" or "feminine" about the robots we've seen in the trailer other than the fact that they're bipeds.

This is like arguing if Atlas and P-Body are male and female. And there's a MUCH stronger argument to be had there than if these gorilla-robots have any kind of humanoid separation of gender.

I see some people trying to take the idea and run with it, but trying to bolt feminine features onto things that clearly have no gender NEVER ENDS WELL.

[​IMG]

..And has NEVER ended well
    I think you should seriously re-think about what you're asking for here. In the meantime, my accusation of an elaborate troll post still stands.
  15. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well if it was my choice i would want a faster commander... i never use my commander in supcom i use him for building and fun things so i wouldnt want a slow bulky commander. i want to be able to escape cause a male or female thin commander would theoretically go faster and then i could get away and build a whole new base. do you get what i mean i dont want a bot that has weapon upgrades i want leg and armor enhancers so a thin running bot would be preferable. soooo yeah i have said this before but a commander editor. it wouldn't be like spore it'd be a mix of like the size and that goes on really affects it like mechwarrior: mercenaries. where weight and heat really matter so i want those things :D
  16. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

they said humans were wiped out sry
  17. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

i know what you mean and because these are human created inventions they probably will have gender i know some will disagree but think about it what AI will run from a predicted battle? not many as we can guess because it thinks it can take it on and when escape is impossible the commander has died so the human factor comes in and then you will be doing these things
  18. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well i am a escape and hit kind of fighter so with these heavy commanders i want thin and fast commanders that can build i would like a variety with gender traits cause dont get me wrong i like girls but i wont want a inappropriate girl cause that would be heavy on the sexist. and i dont like making ppl mad so yeah
  19. rockobot

rockobot Member

For future reference: Please edit a single post instead of posting multiple posts to multiple replies.
  20. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

yeah sry