Do we need tech levels?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lophiaspis, August 19, 2012.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

feel free to simply ignore me then next time ... 100 times better then reading dickish posts like that after trying and failing to use the search function to find something specific ...
    there are a lot of threads with lot of stuff to read yes ... do i have always and lots of time to read them ... no ...
    do i force you to answer my questions ... definitively not ...
    do i have to take the BS you throwing at me after answering my question ... like hell no ...
    my deepest apologies for beeing a fool, asking questions on the forum and stealing your precious time ...

when people ask a question and i can answer it then i will ... answered before or not ...
    i don´t expect anyone to be polite ... but no one has to be a **** to each other, do they? ... yes i could´ve ignored that and go on ... but i made the mistake and thought i could expect at least a little better from a smaller gamingcomunity ... looks like i was heavily wrong ...

do whatever you want ... i don´t force you to anything ... and it´s definitevely not like i am dependent on you ...
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You had an uninformed opinion and I set you straight. There's nothing malicious or "dickish" about me answering your griping about thread length with a quick summary of information and a short note about the importance of doing your own legwork when it comes to gathering information.

Blowing up in my face and telling me that my information wasn't even wanted in the first place (since you have an issue with its presentation) means that you're much less likely to find the help you desire next time.

---

If you have a question, ask the question.

Try to not follow up a plea of ignorance with an uninformed opinion. It's an easy mistake to make, but you do no one any favours by extrapolating data that you don't currently have (and apparently can't be bothered to search very hard for).

In fact what you're doing is damaging. What if someone else too lazy or too busy to search for information read your post and took it as an informed opinion? What if that took your decree of "From what I've seen there's not enough units" as fact?

A thread gets very very messy when new posters are trying to sort fact from uninformed opinion and incomplete data extrapolation and yet are willing to, as you have done, add their own opinions and extrapolations from your incomplete and incorrect data. It then becomes a vicious feedback-loop of misinformation

If you have a question, ask the question. Wait for an answer.
    Don't go off half-cocked and start claiming concerns with the game design when you're unaware of information or too "busy" to look for it.

I have no problem with someone asking a question. I have major problems with someone inferring poor game design from a position of ignorance. Sorry, but that's a pet bugbear of mine.
  4. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Indeed it did. :oops:

Apologies Moderators. As soon as people stop being people you'll see far fewer of those kinds of my posts.

:lol:
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... implying that i didn´t do any of that ...

... biased tendency to calling someone lazy ...

if you mean this you didn´t tell me anything new ... but you seem to assumed that i didn´t know already ... but how would you know that?

... asked for a initial rough idea where they "sort of realisticly" would/could go ...

... everyone his own ... in the end it´s up to the people themselves to search for information on multiple sources and decide what is right ... i can´t hammer what i could consider the right information into their head, can i ... i don´t know bout you or others but for me personaly asking questions is part of doing research ...

people may have a general idea of something they want to know more about
    so they may state of what they think and then amend the additional information provided to it from the question they had

someone stating his thoughts =/= infering poor decisions
    someone having a concern about something doesn´t nessecarily mean he is worried about something going bad but may have just an interest to discuss it ...

... now i just stop here cause i have no interest to plaster this thread with peoples personal issues ...

*lights torch and grabs pitchfork* :twisted:
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Everybody calm down. Here, have a lolcat:

[​IMG]
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah jesus listen to Col_Jessep

Mr. 44posts mrtbsc here flaming at an evidently more senior 1373posts Nanolathe.

Noobs flaming is more comonplace than disoriented Beiber and Carly Rae Jepsen teen fans.

Noobs : don't start flame wars! (go back to youtube for that)

Seniors : :roll: don't even bother.......
    Last edited: June 25, 2013
  9. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

wtf does post count have to do with anything
  10. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Well the devs did say - would you rather have many factions with less units or one faction with loads of units.
    Where are all these units? I would say we have enough for one faction ;)

Multiple factions for the win. I also really hate the argument of why use different units if there is a superior technology that every1 uses. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  11. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

THIS THREAD IS BACK FROM THE DEAD!

I CAST LEVEL 100 LIGHTNING BOLT!

THREAD DIES! END OF QUESTION!