Do we need Balance Re-Work?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Gerfand, July 29, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Precisely.

*Insert shameless advertisement that tells you to click the second link in my sig here*
  2. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

But, I already play RCBM :C Damnit fine.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    epicblaster117 and stuart98 like this.
  4. slicedbreadman

slicedbreadman New Member

I got PA about 2 weeks ago.... And after 4 games I came to these forums looking for balance mods.....

(In Its current state) :

Sadly the game feels more like an Age of war spamfest then a Deep engaging RTS brimming with Evolving Meta

Its seems like the whole forums are foaming at the mouth for balance changes.
    At this point I don't really have anything to add other then a warning that the current meta could easily turn off a lot of players.

(IMO) Uber should be talking and playtesting with the strata and RCBM teams, I bet they would be more then happy to improve vanilla
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'd say based on recent updates in the latest PTE they are at least listening to what's being said. I haven't had chance to test the latest tweaks but I'll hopefully get onto it this weekend. Some have pointed out the changes may not be sufficient however I think I'll reserve judgement until I've tried them- they are definitely along the right lines.

On a side note, I've been enjoying the bit of Statera I've been playing, although I don't know it well enough to truly say it's more balanced than standard. It has move variety which is nice though. I haven't trice RCBM yet as it isn't complete and there isn't an easy to install build available through PAMM yet.
  6. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Ehh RCBM is rather easy to install once you made a shortcut to your sever mods folder, however still, I can't wait until they officially release.
  7. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

From what the information that I got by reading, and w/ my knowledge about balance... so I will throw some numbers:

-To solve the Commander Being OP underwater we need only to make it damage
    torpedo damage decrease by half (250) up to 1/8 (6,25)

- To solve the T-1 balance we can:

-DOX:
    give more health (40-> 80)
    give more damage(DPS 20->30)
    probably give more range (50-> 75)
    EDIT - make a bit more cost (90/120)

-Grenadier:
    give more range (95->130)* this way it can counter turrets, but only if have recon support
    nerf it damage by half
    probably remove it AoE

-T-1 Tank:
    Nerf it damage by half (DPS 42->24)

-Inferno:
    Nerf it damage by half
    Nerf it heath a (1000-> 600/750)

W/ this balance re-work we can also solve the Commander health problem, even if is only on T-1 stage...

After balancing T-1 we can focus on T-2
    Last edited: August 11, 2014