Do people "get" MNC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Miles Prower, January 18, 2011.

?

Do people "get" MNC?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Airwags

Airwags New Member

The majority of people definitely do not get this game, and something has to be done about this. What, I don't know, but this game is way too good to be passed up on simply because people don't get it.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i don't think the 1hr trial does this game justice
    what about $1 for 24hrs?
  3. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Unless my addition is rusty... 63%+38%=101%. MNC is so awesome, it changes rules of math!
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

no its your division
  5. Airwags

Airwags New Member

I think that is a big part of it. People want to be good right away and with the stock classes it can be pretty hard for a new player to compete with somebody who has a beast custom class and months of experience on them. Can be quite discouraging. Only remedies for this I could think of would be game changers and I personally don't want that.
  6. Bezique

Bezique New Member

An unfortunate side effect of the appropriately incentivised reward for killing pros is that people believe it is what they are supposed to be doing as a result - it took a while for that to sink in for me. If you couple that with the natural tendency in most people to "dominate" over others and so feel good about themselves (from the safety of their home) you will find that they are content to play their own game and not the bigger team game.

I believe this issue could be reduced by the following examples:

- not displaying the financial reward for killing pros, or displaying the reward for all money collected, bot kills coin pick ups. It's easy for new players to not pay attention to the fact that killing a wave of bots is worth the same as killing a pro yet is a lot easier.

- Not record people's kill/death ratios, many people live by this and consider it the true measure of their performance. For players who play in the spirit of the game it is an interesting stat, nothing more, but I believe it does more harm than good.
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

those are good ideas
    what is you K/D was only found on your highlights so you can't see anyone elses K/D
  8. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

If your kdr is noted in your signature then you are the epitome of not getting the game. No one cares as much as you think they do, sorry to crush your self esteem crutch. Then again, these types of people won't care what people like me think, and will continue to inflate their internet numbers.
  9. nephandys

nephandys Member

Whenever I am describing it to others I just describe it as a TPS/DotA hybrid. They tend to get it at that point. By the same token if you play the game more in the style of DotA than TF2 - clearing lanes and pushing bots - you tend to have better outcomes. Just my 2 cents.
  10. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

Best way to describe this to someone, and acttualy have them go buy it.

"Picture 12 squrriels, 6 red 6 blue. They were just releasd from a bag filled with a kilo of grade a columbian white stuff. They are now running through a mine feild being cheerd on by naked women. Men are walking around selling bacon and JOOSE, as death and explosions ensue a FAT MAN drops from the sky with free shlt. Then your balls drop and the fun begins. Yeah its like that. It's like that."
    Last edited: January 20, 2011
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

That is probably the most accurate depiction of the gameplay I have seen yet! :lol:
  12. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

Thank you I'll team up with Hudson and use my overzelous voice on one of his commentaries.
  13. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Oh if this is the case then I must be terrible at the game. I must never kill bots, attack the moneyball, turrets or anything. It's weird how I have THOUSANDS of each bot killed. Just because I can kill bots and pros and NOT die, doesn't mean I don't understand the game. Good try though.