DLC: 4-Player Local Blitz

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Turnip, August 14, 2010.

1. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Once you buy it for _____ microsoft points, you can play blitz, locally, but with 2 more players. (Or you can play with 3.)

It wont affect the rest of the community, because its only for local. I just thought it'd be fun to play with a larger group of friends.

When playing with 3 people, the screen is cut into fours, but the top left one is replaced with a bullseye green background, and it shows the kills, like on crossfire.

When playing with 4, the screen is again cut into four, one for each player.

Yes I realize the screens will be small, no way around it. You don't have to buy it if you don't want too. (It may come with 2 custom maps, to adjust to the new small screens.)
  2. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

4 player split screen blitz would be a great party game...

Heck, 4 player split screen local Crossfire would be fun as well....but now I'm getting greedy.
  3. tlbww

tlbww New Member

So some reason I feel the xbox would explode if we had that.
  4. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

There's a reason most games don't even have splitscreen nowadays.
    If developers only support online multiplayer, every player has to buy and pay for a copy of the game. $$$$$$ is what it's all about, so be glad Uberentertainment is pretty generous with the splitscreen capabilities (splitscreen + online at the same time, anyone?).
    These guys have obviously made this game out of their love for videogames, not out of greed (I'm not pointing fingers EA, Infinity Ward!).
  5. Mutated Muskrat

That is not entirely correct with regards to splilt screen. I'm sure I am not the only person who factors this in heavily when choosing a game to buy. If I can play splitscreen, I am better able to "demo" the game with friends and usually they end up buying the game if they like it. If I have a choice between a game that has a multiplayer component with split screen and one without, I will almost always buy the one that supports it.
  6. ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve New Member

The game is barely able to handle a 4-Player Online Blitz, let alone four copies of that instance on one processor.

The framerate would drop below levels even Uber is willing to accept.
  7. Mutated Muskrat

Fair enough...it is really more of a "pie in the sky" wish than any possibility of being real. I mean, if they could do 4 player split screen, why would they just do 2? I am assuming that 2 was the most the 360 could handle.
  8. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

Gears of War (still one of the hardest games for the Xbox 360 to handle) handles splitscreen pretty well, so why can't other games do that?
    Btw, a reason for the framedrops is the engine on which MNC runs. It's all about the programming: even a small game can have framedrops on the Xbox 360 if the programming is screwed up (not that that's the case in this game). Big games have big developers with loads of money, which is why such technical issues are less frequent in those games. Then again, those companies usually don't come up with such a great new concept like MNC ;)
  9. ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve New Member

Defense of the Ancients isn't exactly new.
  10. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

I'm talking about the entire game, not only the "Defend your base and destroy the others' " mode. I'm talking about the Arena's, the one-liners, the classes and their skills, the Pitgirl, the presentation, the 'taunting gets you money instead of just pissing off your opponent',...
    In short, the entire concept. Sure, all of it has been done before. This game, however, has made a perfect combination of those elements.
  11. Mutated Muskrat

..but even Gears only has 2 player split screen.

There sadly are fewer and fewer games with 4 player split being made for whatever reason...
  12. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

Well, if Gears has 2 player splitscreen, it should be possible for less demanding games to have up to 4 players on one console.
    That's why I mentioned Gears.
  13. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about.
  14. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

Indeed, it's not like the Xbox runs multiple copies of a game if you play splitscreen :p
  15. Mutated Muskrat

I don't know, Gears doesn't have the same amount of chaos going on that MNC does...not even Horde mode. 12 players and god knows how many bots running around....granted the graphics for MNC aren't the same as for Gears, but the scripting for all the AI probably makes up for it.
  16. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

It probably run faster than Live Blitz, because there's no Internet Lag.
    (Even though I don't have that problem to begin with, so I'm good) ^_^
  17. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

The graphics engine has to render everything multiple times on splitscreen. That is not cheap memory-wise, not even close. Have any of you ever played Halo 3 splitscreen with 4 people? The graphical sacrifices are incredible. You can't see objects more than 50 feet away, half the lighting effects are just turned off, quality is lower in general, and you're far more prone to framerate drops. And that's what Bungie was able to do with their incredibly huge budget and experience. Uber can't just release DLC to enable 4 player splitscreen, there are technical restrictions preventing it.

Uber gave us 2 player splitscreen online, and I am extraordinarily grateful for that, and you all should be too.
  18. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Halo 3 Splitscreen with 4 people? That equals Competitive multiplayer. There aren't really framerate drops with 2v2 on the 360, I would know.
  19. ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve New Member

That's just flipping great.

Now take seventy onscreen robots on all four player screens.
  20. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

Theres definitely not enough screen real-estate to support 4 player split-screen. Its hard enough seeing whats going down in 2 player split screen.