[Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by flareboy127, January 27, 2016.

1. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

This mod aims to completely change the missile (and maybe artillery) gameplay in PA:T

Tactical missile launchers have a much larger range, slower fire rate and an increase in damage
    Tactical missiles do not replace nukes, so those who are nuke happy can still have fun

You can download this mod off PAMM

-TODO-
    - [WIP]Interplanetary Tactical Missiles - Much slower then regular tactical missiles & less damage but can travel between planets
    - Diffrent nuke types, like one with a much larger damage radius but does less damage overall in the outer and inner ring of the explosion. and maybe a more concentrated nuke that can kill a commander in one hit but has significantly less range
    - [WIP]Special missile launchers for anti orbital
    - [Pending] Anchors with Tactical missile defense, or a mobile anti tactical missile defense orbital unit. -- Is this a good idea?
    And more! (when I think of stuff)

I could really use your feedback on balance of the new weapons

Enjoy your rocketing dreams!

Now on Github:
    Public Release version of the mod:
    https://github.com/flareboy127/Better-Missiles-for-PA-T.git

To manually install the mod, just drag the unzipped folder into your client mods folder wherever you told PAMM to install your mods. Then you can activate it on PAMM.
    Last edited: April 9, 2016
    doud likes this.
  2. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

-Tactical Missile Defense - pink colored t2 aa in build menu
    -Tactical Missile Launcher - Classic Catapult. Now requires you to manually fire each time. Damage Increased
    -Stingray now has a TML
    -Bluehawk range increased

[Stationary TML (The old catapult) can no longer fire into the orbital layer]
    Last edited: April 5, 2016
  3. jurak

jurak Member

Cruise-missile boats and installations?
  4. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

I would be interested in adding those to the game but I would first like to complete the code for the tactical missile defense which is giving me lots of issues. Once that is done, I might make some of the tech two boats launch tactical missiles, maybe the carrier, and have some tactical missile defense on that boat too. -- Finished
    Last edited: February 16, 2016
    jurak likes this.
  5. jurak

jurak Member

What are the Long range tactical missile launchers, and how do I build them?
    Same question for the missile defence.
  6. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

The long range tactical missile launchers are just the regular tactical missile launchers and the TMD is the purple/pink colored icon that looks identical to the T2 air defense, and both are tech two.
    Last edited: April 4, 2016
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

why not just mod the stingray?

also have you looked at the bluehawk?
    or would you rather not change them because of their antiorbital capabilities?
  8. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

I have edited the Bluehawk, and all of the tactical missile launchers can target orbital still, and the stingray also has a missile installation on it.
  9. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

Updated to 0.8.0!

-Tactical Missile Launchers no longer fire automatically
    -Tactical Missile Launchers are a factory (build bar not functional, but still produces missiles. Missile produce time is EXTREMELY short, need to fix that)
    -TML's (Tactical Missile Launchers) can no longer fire at orbital

More updates coming soon to improve the stingray, bluehawk, and TMD.

If anyone has tips for balance, or what I could add to the mod, those would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: April 5, 2016
  10. wondible

wondible Post Master General

@flareboy127 Icon Reloader is no longer required with the recent PA update, and I'd like to remove it from the mod directory. HodgePodge includes an icon shim that takes over from it's cooperation with reloader, so you can probably just remove the Icon Reloader dependency line.
  11. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

I removed the mod to start from scratch, mainly going to focus on the TML first and get that completely completed then move on to individual units