[Discontinued] KNight's Unit Design Thread

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by KNight, August 20, 2012.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Whelp, it's been awhile, but I got a new model, the Strider Rocket Bot

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Inspired by Owens/Catapult and some Armored Core thrown in as as well.

Mike
    Quitch likes this.
  2. Nelec

Nelec Member

Have to admit I have always liked that agile looking mech design, and it looks awesome, nice job!
  3. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

This isnt mechwarrior LOL
  4. KNight

A New Challenger Approaches!

Hailfire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is based on the Hover MRLS from Tiberium Sun, that was my Favorite unit that that game way back then.

Mike
    MrTBSC likes this.
  5. RCIX

RCIX Member

Was just about to say something like this. I'll be beating at code from day one if I can pull it off.

Nice designs though :)
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

But a Mechwarrior mod would be pretty cool.
  7. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Knight never played TA, so his influences are biased to what he does know :p
  8. Azarath

Azarath Member

Good model. I'm impressed. :)
    Tiberian Sun used to be my favourite RTS back in the day (and still is).
    I never got the pleasure to enjoy TA on a daily basis.
    Tiberian Sun was the only RTS I had. By the time I started to buy games on my own SupCom was released so I never noticed TA until a few years later unfortunately.
    The Percival from FA looked and acted like more like a Titan from Tiberian sun so it ended up with me calling it Titan instead :p

Knight, a question. In the mod BlackOps Unleashed, in an extra unit pack that was never part of the main pack there's a unit called the Dirsuptor which is almost 100% identical to the Disruptor from Tiberian sun, did you get (if it was you who made that unit) inspiration from Tiberian Sun or it's just a coincidence? Also, are there other units that you have made using inspiration from Tiberian Sun?
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  9. KNight

BlackOps: Special Weapons is primarily Exavier's brainchild, He championed Ideas and I made them pretty, He wanted a Disruptor, he got a Disruptor! XD

Mike
  10. KNight

11. muzzledelk

muzzledelk Member

Could I, perhaps ask for a lighter sort of fast attack mech more akin to a Armored Core biped like the Aaliyah? Their purpose would be to serve as extremely fast shock troopers that function as glass cannons, countered by stationary defenses or anything heavier than a light convoy of tanks. Probably used for raiding undefended resource camps, scouting and being really cool Ace cards to pull in the middle of a fight.

[​IMG]
  12. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

HERESY! Who would do such a thing as leave their poor resources undefended?! :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. KNight

I am very familiar with the Aaliyah, but the basic role you describe is pretty standard in terms of RTS Types, the Fast Raider, I would be highly surprised if there wasn't such a unit already available.

Mike
  14. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Who doesn't love a group of high DPS high speed harassment bot's picking away at your structures one by one as your main army struggles to catch up to them? (especially if they have more than 2 legs)

:D
  15. KNight

I thought it might be time for something a little different and thus;

[​IMG]
    Based off the Concept Art for the Alpha Commander from the KS Campaign.

Mike
    carlorizzante, Methlodis and MrTBSC like this.
  16. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

I like it. :mrgreen:
  17. VortiK

VortiK New Member

knight, my money take it !! I want that lego PA commander nawwww ! :eek:
  18. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Knight, would you mind posting your concept art for your commander?
  19. KNight

Don't have it yet, I have ideas, but they're fairly contingent on what limitations there are for Commanders, for example, Neutrino has mentioned that there are 'so far' 4 preset Skeletons for Commanders, so anything I want to do would have to conform to one of those skeletons, unless I can make my own skeleton and Animations.......

But yeah, I doubt any work is going to be done on the 1K Commanders until mid-late Beta(maybe even after release?) because by then the majority of the Art Assets should be complete and things shouldn't be fluctuating so much as they do in Alpha I imagine.

Mike
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  20. exavier724

exavier724 Member

Lmao I pretty much twisted Knights arm to get the model made, Think it was the 3rd attempt to get that unit into SupCom because i could never get the model completed. :)

I think its the only C&C specific item in any of the Blackops projects. Though we did at one point entertain (to the point of having working code for it I think) the idea of a Firestorm defense system. The Disruptor is one of the few "Tank" style units from any RTS game that I actually loved.

Knight better be planning a model for my PA version of it if he knows whats good for him :twisted:
    Though this time it will probably just be a standard T2 unit rather than a superweapon.

EDIT: Actually I am surprised Knight hasn't done up a Bassy concept already since that was one of his & Hawk's favorite toys from Blackops. To the point it became one of our signature units :p