Disappointed

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Uke, August 19, 2015.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

disagreed ...
    radongog likes this.
  2. nizoox

nizoox New Member

why?
  3. knub23

knub23 Active Member

You clearly are trolling here. You just disagree with someone who says his 90$ helped more than 20$ KS backers but maybe what he says is true? Only Uber knows.
    You ask me where I was while KS was running? What is the point of this question? KS is not that popular in my country, people here don't browse it on a regular basis. What does this even have to do with the topic?

And if you want to be exact and say funding is a huge difference to buying into early access (so huge that 20$ is worth more than 90$ based on what you say). Well then I have to say: No one funded Planetary Annihilation TITANS, these people funded Planetary Annihilation.
    bradaz85 and stuart98 like this.
  4. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

60% is what the launch folks get...
    ...if I get it for free, folks who payed 90$ should get it free as well, regardless of their timing. Folks who spend 60$ before Beta started should get it for free as well, after beta started these should get 80% discount and those who bought it just before launch/ pledged for the discount option after KS ended should be treated equally to everybody else!
    bradaz85, stuart98 and knub23 like this.
  5. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

I got PA in early access but it was a gift from a friend (because I was poor af) and it didn't even run on my computer until months after release.
    Should I get titans for free? ^.^
  6. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Totally agree on this, it´s awesome, no question, and it plays awesome at first touch and is definitely worth 40$ for newcomers!
    In which tier did that friend invested for you?
  7. MrTBSC

i am absolutly not trolling .. i am merely stating my view on this whole thing weither you like it or not ..

and yes because the KS backers funded PA they get titans as a thank you ..

as to my view of 20KS$ vs 90 EA $ .. matter of timing .. you weren´t there when it mattered the most ...

@nizoox
    FSN1977 and tunsel11 like this.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They made PA from it and updated it with content patches until a few weeks ago.
    The money from the kickstarter only got them to the start of PA's alpha. From there early access paid development.

Because it seems their money got tight and they were trying to get a new job for those people. Since the kickstarter failed they had to let them go.

It is support, but do not overestimate what person playing for fun does for the support of the game. It's not comparable what a paid tester does as work.

While I do understand your anger, try to view it like this: Kickstarter backer gave money just for an idea. Early access players gave money for direct access to a playable game.
    Since PA was sold for quite a while in early access giving the game for free to all early access backers probably would just have been too much and Uber would have been not able to pay for further development.

Consider this: The 13$ you pay for the expansion pack will be put towards more PA content. I think Uber certainly has proven they won't just stop development on PA with all their patches so far and now with the addon.
    If you like PA does that sound like a bad deal?
    FSN1977, stuart98, radongog and 2 others like this.
  9. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Shouldn't we ask Uber when it mattered the most? Only they know, you don't.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. cola_colin

Doesn't their pricing model for titan speak for itself?
    Yes I realize it sucks that some have to pay a few extra dollars, but really come on its a really great expansion package and 13$ is not much more than the pizza I ordered a few days ago. Calculated by hours of usage that pizza was really horrible compared to PA: Titans :D
  11. MrTBSC

Last edited: August 19, 2015
  12. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Maybe Uber couldn't give the game to all early access players. But they could determine when alpha or beta ended and give it to the players who really paid a large sum for the game (60$+). Something like that. Or why didn't they give 90% sale for alpha players, 80% sale for beta players and so on. Many possibilities here.

More content and updates came to PA and are behind a paywall now. How can we be sure that doesn't happen again? Paying 90$ for a game and having to pay again is a bad deal for me. 90$ is almost 2 full price releases and Uber wants a total of 103$ from me for a game + expansion. Bad deal. Someone who got PA for 20$ will feel different and I can fully understand that.

@ ColaColin: Pizza is really expensive at your place, I almost get 3 Pizzas for 13€ :p
    bradaz85 and stuart98 like this.
  13. Uke

Uke New Member

Nothing wrong with a thank you.
    But considering that there is a greater thanks to KS over EA while EA obviously means the same like someone who paid less on launch is just not fair.
    bradaz85, stuart98 and knub23 like this.
  14. cola_colin

What tiny pizzas are those. I am speaking of the biggest size they have of the really good ones :p

And yeah if you don't like the fact the a game is expensive, wait before you buy it. You could've waited to buy PA ;)
    squishypon3, proeleert and stuart98 like this.
  15. nizoox

nizoox New Member

Not only Kickstarter backer pay for an idea, the early access ppl too, sure you get an playable copy but not a finished... in addition they pay $90 for access the alpha and the second tier on kickstarter pay $20 for alpha, so in my opinion the difference from $70 is a big bonus to kickstarter backer for there support to realize the game. The risc of lost money is for the $20 backer less than the $90 on early access.

Uber never informed about an expension or that the kickstarter backer will get a expansion later if they support the game.
    bradaz85 and knub23 like this.
  16. MrTBSC

look at it that way ..

a KS backer who paid 20$ (because reasons) HAD to wait till launch
    you ( who missed or was not there on the KS or simply didn´t back) on the other hand decided while you had all sorts of options to get in early ..
  17. knub23

knub23 Active Member

??? I got an early access game called dirt rally. For 23€. Check out the price now. 42€. They raised the price because the game now has more content. With PA it was the other way around. Of course I also paid for development. But the 90$ price tag was so huge because they didn't want to disappoint the KS backers. Because it would have been unfair to them if they charged less from steam users. That is why the price was this high. This fairness I don't get know, that is what I feel...
    Uke likes this.
  18. cola_colin

You could also argue that the price is higher if you want stuff "right now as fast as possible".
    I still think that is a totally reasonable way to argue...
    I mean if you buy a game now that is totally unfinished you will also have it once it is finished. So why would you have to pay less now?
    MrTBSC likes this.
  19. nizoox

nizoox New Member

And the difference of $70 between $20 to $90 is not bonus enought for the wait time?
  20. preachyr

preachyr New Member

Wow, there is a lot of entitlement in this thread. How hard is it to understand that Kickstarter backers (at any donation level) are investing money in an IDEA which may or may not materialize into anything solid.

Early access funds absolutely help in development of the game, but the early access user is deciding to pay into a game that is already playable and past the first mustering point that the Kickstarter got it to.

There is absolutely a huge difference and a good reason to have some perks and incentives for Kickstarter backers to encourage them to invest in future games the same way.

That said, sure, they could have given a larger discount to Steam Alpha users, Beta users, etc. but they have to draw the line at some point. I imagine that no matter what the extra discount or perk for the Steam Alpha users there would still be many complaining that the Kickstarter backers got something they didn't.
    proeleert, Bsport, FSN1977 and 5 others like this.
  21. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they said they would be rewarding the kickstarters with a treat.

and it's important they stand their ground on these sorts of decisions otherwise there's just no end.

open the game to the 90$ steam buyers and watch, it'll be the 40$ steam buyers feeling it is unfair then.
    Bsport, xanoxis, preachyr and 2 others like this.