[DEPRECIATED] Sandbox Biome 1.2 [69564]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by wondible, April 28, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

This is offtopic, but I think there needs to be a clearer explanation of the current system than that reference guide. A lot of the information referenced in that link is out of date (look at the 'add more planets' mod example, which is still featured despite being very outdated). It's hard to tell what is and what isn't out of date in many cases. The reference to the Beta Mod Changes is another example, where the first post is outdated and you have to search through the thread to find the updated information.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Galactic: Works in the system editor, but not showing up in new_game.
  3. wondible

Sandbox Biome Version 1.1: Add new images used by Galactic update
  4. wondible

PTE 67998:

5. wondible

Could not reproduce. (It only adds a biome, not a planet template.)
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

ah, nvm then :>
  7. wondible

Sandbox Biome Version 1.2: Add new image used by recent releases; update modinfo format and change to remote mod.
  8. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

So is this just supposed to add a blank biome then? thats all I get with no options to add or change anything its just a grid. am I missing something? shows up in game no problem under biomes but I was under the impression you be able to create a biome or at least mix-match others together or something?
  9. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

It's just a blank biome. It's more box, and less sand, for when you're screwing around with the unit cheats and don't want pathing problems.
  10. wondible

Yep, mostly blank. You can set water height. It also loads faster because there are no features, and people have reported being able to load larger planets than normal. Boring planets to be sure, but sometimes you take what you can get.
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

ahhh thanks a lot for explanation peeps wasn't sure if i was missing something. I'd be kool if you could customize that biome or add new biome types in.... if that's even possible?
  12. wondible

There are server mods - Clifs hijacks the sandbox biome so the systems don't crash things if it's off; Devastated Metal creates a new one, and there is an alternate desert in PAMM but I'm not seeing a thread on a quick scan.
  13. wondible