Defining micro

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eukanuba, September 20, 2012.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am against an AI playing the game for me.
  2. godde

godde Well-Known Member

I know that. :p
    You should try Globulation 2. It's a game where you don't have low level control but manipulate areas, place buildings and assign buildpriorities without controling induvidual units. You are still not letting the AI play the game for you even though you don't directly control your units.
    You are the commander. You are making the decisions.
  3. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

It doesn't need to be intuitive, it's like those cmd commands in windows, useful for the experienced users and hard to be performed with any GUI quicklly.

If the console-added unit behaviors are displayed in GUI, then I guess having a delete button for each of them is possible.

Typing with a single hand is not that hard if you don't need any modifier key, and people actually type with both hands in rts team games for chatting, sure they don't do this in intense situations, but the player could type the commands before the intense situation happens.
    And like godde said, there could also be the possibility to blind several of them to GUI elements, the player could prepare several unit behaviors to be used in the next combat.