Dear Uber, we don't want the PC Updates

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Undercover_Thudercat, May 30, 2011.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Nope I'm just that good.
  2. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Then, again, it's a matter of the Support player being just that damn good at killing people and not the Firebase being overpowered.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

In this case it's a matter of losing horribly to a Gunner or Tank without it, and winning with ease against a Gunner or Tank with it. Seems extreme.
  4. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Then this is, again, a matter of them being unable to dislodge you because they aren't good enough. The Firebase on its own is not enough to kill them, and every class has some means of dislodging a Support. See my previous post for details.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

You can't really use "they weren't good enough" for everything...
  6. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Guys. Cease and desist.

A lot of the time, a Firebase is tough to dislodge. The general solution is to not let it go up, but you can't watch the map all the time.

There's normally an angle for an Assassin, Sniper, Tank, Assault or Gunner to get to it, and a single Airsrike will always end it if it's open or close to the edge of cover. And putting it in cover usually means in a corner where a Tank or a Gunner can capitalise.
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I didn't know you could hack enemy Firebases until now. :(
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If I had to say which one factor was overpowered about the Firebase it would be the lack of delay when acquiring a target. As soon as your foot is in sight, it starts shooting you.
  9. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Well, yeah, you can, when the other person hasn't actually said anything which even begins to actually answer any of the issues that you've raised and instead opts to continually say "well I can keep my Firebase up easily".
  10. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

It takes very little ability to kill a firebase. All you really need is the proper knowledge and the ability to hit a stationary target. If the support stops healing the firebase to shotgun you, he will lose the firebase, even if he gets the kill. You will respawn and push him out of his camp site faster than he can regen the yellow skill, set up the turret, overheal it, and hack it.
  11. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

sign this for u
  12. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

"All of the examples and whatnot I posted are from personal experience. I can almost always keep my Firebase alive all game regardless of the number of Gunners or Tanks that try to kill it. And it takes minimal effort."

Dude I don't mean to keep being a douche to you. I really don't. But you need to play in private matches. If not private matches, just seriously get a team of 5 other people and wait until you find a lobby with a party of 6 other people.

We aren't referring to when you are pulling host and playing in lobbies with all bad people and juice chainers that can't push map control (once again, no offense, but every time I've ever seen you in a lobby, you have host). We are talking about playing a game where EVERYBODY is GOOD. You haven't played a 6v6 where EVERYBODY on both sides are good. The game plays out differently.

Yes, if you're playing a support in a pub match, even if 3 of the other players are good, you can still hold your firebase up long enough to bank up on kills because they have 3 people that can't control the map enough to help the good players take out your firebase.

Firebases, against good players, only do well if they have the protection of multiple pros controlling that area of the map. As an assassin, if a firebase is giving me THAT much trouble, I'm just gonna fall back and shuriken/melee bots until I can juice the firebase and push the entire map up bunches and bunches.

Fool is 100% right; if your team doesn't have map control AHEAD of the firebase, it's nothing more than a distraction (but to be honest, using it as a distraction is a very good tactic because it is time consuming).
  13. silly support

silly support New Member

Snarf your nothing but a dirty glitcher who can't afford to pay for live GTFO!!!!
  14. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I tap x button really fast with the assassin and it makes me run extra fast. Don't tell anybody about this glitch, though.