Dear MNC community, I have a proposition for you.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by TOM12121112, September 23, 2011.

1. gunked

gunked New Member

:lol: ya the highlights look better with accent marks on em and i can read it so it makes the game feel fresh

Here is the the assault private WTF Crimson we could have won till you left
  2. Bobomb Bob

Bobomb Bob New Member

did you record any of the others we played last night? i really wanna see my gunner from another perspective so i can improve on it! :D
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

looking to set up a private match right now. get on and contact teapot.
  4. Bobomb Bob

Bobomb Bob New Member

damnit i have class in an hour! :x but i'll be on later at like 6:30 EST so hit me up when i'm on!
  5. ChaosFF7

ChaosFF7 New Member

Negative. I gave up the video games... I do however challenge you to a game of canadian monopoly.
  6. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

This is pretty good. Private matches daily now.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I hope other people take some initiative in setting these up like I have because unfortunately I can't host daily. I work till 6:00pm EST tomorrow so I could possibly get some games in before my gig.
  8. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

Teapot u know its supposedly wildmans birthday made this post at 4 est
  9. Typical Knave

Typical Knave New Member

Thanks for posting those two videos. I was surprised we made it to over time at all, I had some lag issues with teapots host that game(looks like parts of it you did too.) and I also made some overextended pushes the first few minutes. I didn't realize crimson got dropped with 6 minutes to go still.

Definitely had a better match the other match on toxics host, but the teams seemed pretty unfair there and it was on spunky too so that didn't help anyone.

Ben, sorry we didn't get you in, I always enjoy your videos too. A few minutes after you left for gears we had a spot open(one of the new folks left without a peep.) but you were already involved with gears.

Hope to get to play some more soon, I think the game is really engaging and exciting in these types of matches. Not to cry over spilt milk, but it makes me sad to know it's dead. A year plus and around 700 hours later and I still enjoy it despite its faults.
  10. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

With the sale going on for mnc this week , maybe we can get a new influx of players interested in privates.
  11. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

And then when we go pubstomping they'll quit.
    And then our enormous learning curve theyll also quit.
  12. gunked

gunked New Member

13. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

14. teapot

teapot Post Master General

It sounds like there are some mixed reactions about chron's host and my own. I'd rather play off host, but I felt my lobby had a less lag overall. We both live in the same state so I don't believe there's much difference between us. It would be nice to have some others who know they have a good host to step up.

Some things I have found since playing these matches.

1) If I am hosting, I am not playing unless we have fair and balanced teams. You guys are more than welcome to start your own lobby and run things how you want, but in my lobby you need to be patient.

2) In order to make balanced teams, we need two captains that won't stack the teams, and are willing to pick players based on classes as well. Skill's a good captain, but we had a game where he picked some of his friends, while I was able to scoop up some seasoned vets left over. I personally didn't think it was a fun match, and any captain should leave their ego's behind and create a balanced team, me included.

3) Players need to make an effort to be more versatile. We have too many players that can only play assault and support, generally because they are easy to use. Go to some pubs and get some time in with other classes, or let us know that you want to play tank in a private match, and ask for help. For anyone reading this that thinks this may relate to them, give assassin a try. It's pretty easy if you have and objective/team based mindset. All a private match assassin is required to do is to push the bot lanes. Kill bots in one lane, switch to the other, and go back etc. Go to their spawn and kill them at the door for a little bit. Juice turrets, get the anni when it comes up, buy some gremlins, and most importantly call out bots.

4) If you wanna bitch, complain, or trash talk.. just leave because nobody cares. I'm hosting these because I don't find pubs fun. These are supposed to be friendly private matches consisting of good players, this isn't the state championship.

5) This pertains to people who complain and bitch. If you are a gunner and you aren't getting a heal, explain why you need the heal politely. If you notice your assassin up along the ring on steel peel, explain why he shouldn't go for kills, why he should push bots, and the best way to do so. Firebase is up raping you everytime? Tell the support you need him to airstrike it. Ask when your gunner/tank/assassin has juice to take out turrets. Let the assassin(team) know when the anni is coming up. Tell the sniper to get out of your bot lane and to spam the enemy's base with flak and ice traps.
  15. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

We gunna do another pm tonight?
  16. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Im down , ill probably be around . That is if im not sifting through all the goodies i got from the microsoft sale :twisted:
  17. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Chron's on now so i'll try to persuade him to get one going.
  18. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Ok im just looking at reviews for some of those xblas. If you get a bunch interested just tell me here and ill start up the sex box.
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

It won't happen 'till later as there's only like 5 people on :|
  20. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member