DeadEye's Gunner Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by lDeadEye, December 12, 2010.

1. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

No
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

health recovery seems like a waste. if you know what you are doing, you can take out a whole team 1 by 1 either deployed or clawing, all without letting your health recover.
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Lul good explanation.
  4. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I mean.. Is there really anything else that needs to be said?
  5. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I mean.. Is there really anything else that needs to be said?[/quote]

LOL
  6. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Gunner's quite a hit-and-run class anyway, and you often need to pull back to reload. So all health regen really gives you is a few seconds less downtime here and there. If you're getting chased by an opponent, choosing a more offensive endorsement instead of health would probably have meant you'd have killed him before you had to retreat.

Playing from the UK, where you often get a US host and a fair bit of lag, I'm finding low/no accuracy builds are more effective. Gold accuracy is much harder to aim in laggy situations.

I'm also finding gold RoF does seem to make a difference, despite what the devs said about the cap.

Current favourite build:
    RoF, Armour, Clip - the 40% larger clip often means I get a kill where I'd otherwise have had to reload, combined with gold RoF it makes mortaring turrets easier when a support is healing them. Spraying distant groups of enemy bots = fast juice. Swap RoF/Armour sometimes depending on the classes and quality of the opponents.

I'd say I average 30+ kills, with a fair bit of bot and turret killing, and in a really good game go 50+ kills. So not quite Deadeye level maybe, but good for me and my slow reactions :)
  7. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

The cap only comes into play during high lag situations. So in those situations I try and use my mortar more, unless I have to use my mini.
  8. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I think that there should be more triggers added to the controller. When I hold my controller, the ring and pinky fingers are under the controller. Instead, with three triggers on each side, It would just be my pinky fingers supporting the controller and my ring fingers would see some trigger pulling action.
  9. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Gold RoF is capped even when it isn't lagging, if gold RoF was to work, the gun would be shooting faster than the game is running.
  10. Grec

Grec New Member

Lol
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

says who?
    the developers said "The cap only comes into play during high lag situations."
    and now everyone assumes it means it just doesnt work. RoF is a different percentage for each weapon, regardless of what the wiki says. therefore, the developers had to play with the numbers.
  12. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

The problem with that, is that most people don't even use their fingers properly the way the controller is set up now. The only way to maximize your abilities is to claw, which is a relatively hard way to use a controller. If companies went in your direction of thinking, it would get out of hand. There would be controllers with buttons for every finger, and maybe even some where you could press multiple buttons with different parts of your fingers. That makes it too difficult for the 'casual' gamer that consoles are after.
  13. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I guess I should add some stuff about who you're fighting.

Tanks- stay Mid range. To where you are doing more damage with your mini than their rail, but to where if they try to charge you, you can jump back and melt them. Stay mobile so they can't product grenade you, and I usually try to be above them.

Assaults you need to stay in mid range also, but I usually stay further than them than tanks. The bombs are OP, and without a charge it's hard to stay on the map. Good accuracy is needed for assaults, but the trick is to get the jump on them

assassins are pretty easy. Slam when they get close, grapple if your slam is out. Avoid ejectors, or kill them when they go for it. Keep shooting an escaping assassin, or where you think it's going. A stray bullet could make the difference. Listen for the cloaking noise, and if you see an assassin getting ready to juice, prepare your slam, or run away.

Support, stay mid range to where they can't just shotty you, but also listen and look for his firebase. Those are gunners mortal enemy. Your mini is better against firebase than the mortar, and be ready to duck under a bridge if he sticks you.

Gunners are a bit trickier to play against. 2 good gunners can have some pretty brutal battles, but if you're too close in skill to risk just mowing him over, either out think, or out endorse him. On certain maps bouncers can be hell to gunners, spawn a fee and use them as a decoy. Stay on higher ground, if you play armor/rof and he plays accuracy, rush in close. I run accuracy, so against armor/rof gunners I stay more at a distance.
  14. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

DeadEye, what kind of kill counts are you getting in an average game after the DLC nerf?
  15. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I have no idea what Deadeye's count is, but when I play gunner I get at least 15 kills in a game. Typically I get about 20-25.
  16. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

between 30 and 94
  17. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Yeah I'm about the same. I can go 30+ for your average pub game (ie with a fair few bad opponents) that goes the distance. I've gone 50+ a few times but that was against really bad opponents. I've never tried playing pure slayer though, I normally push a lane, killing the pros in the lane, mortar the enemy turrets, then switch to the other lane. And juice always makes me rush into the enemy base to kill all their turrets, which often ends in my demise.
  18. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Oh that was post DLC :shock:
  19. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I haven't been playing much gunner lately, mostly because it's too easy. Even playing against some of the best players in the game I really have no challenge unless it's a 3v1, but if I get under 30 kills as a Gunner then somethings wrong.
  20. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Running RoF/Accuracy/Armor, I got 31-5-0 on Lazor Razor. I took on 2 people at a time most of the match. Because of my build, I have the accuracy of normal player, but typically I have better RoF than they do. These two aspects combined lead to my overwhelming victory. I was pushing bots and destroying turrets the entire time, then taking out pros who tried to stop my bots. I don't claw, if that makes any difference.