Custom Planets/Map Editor/symmetry! <3

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, October 16, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Why is the water not all at the same levels in this?
  2. plague11

plague11 Member

yeah more tools to edit maps that i have no clue on how to use!!
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

What we can do is place brushes on fixed coordinates. A brush either adds or subtracts a part of geometry. We can further control if the brushes should be pathable or not and also control if sharp cliffs should block movement or allow units to walk up walls basically.

Modelling ramps and chokes in PA is quite possible using those brushes.
    Culverin likes this.
  4. plague11

plague11 Member

yes i know what they are i just do know how to use them and i don't play around that much with the map editor it slows my computer down to much or just crashes sometime when I'm in map editing mode.
  5. datura2012

datura2012 Member

This is so important!
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Because good game editor would make this game much better. They are not obligated to do anything, same way we are not obligated to like this game and pay for it. But in their interest is creating good game and editor for RTS is kind of required, in return they will more sales for longer time. If SCFA had editor i would never look for another RTS (or not yet anyway).

Why i think PA should have editor:
    Current random planet generator has exactly same problem as beer brewing industry, "so many brands of beer and yet all taste same". This is also true for planets in PA, they all are random and yet all play exactly same. Also good game editor can be created only by uber.

PS.
    SCFA is exactly example why editor should be feature rich and made by developer. IT is not about any editor, it is about editor that most players can use for map creation. It all is about how many people make custom maps, not about possibility to make one, but how easy it is.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Holy ****! One Day! I was away for one day!

[​IMG]