Current rank distribution

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lizard771, December 6, 2014.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I have one qualm about your graphs. Even though they have the same numerical scale, one is visually larger than the other, even if it isn't actually too much larger. For my sake, can you keep all the graphs the same visual size? Otherwise it seems as if there was a much bigger change than there actually was...
  2. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Edit: The charts are actually just offset, the problem will be solved with tomorrow's chart.
    Last edited: December 13, 2014
    squishypon3 and emraldis like this.
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Do you keep a record of your previous data? I'd be more interested to see the number of new players per day.

The stats about daily average users would be more interesting to have a better idea of the player base.
  4. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Question, where do you get the data for the graphs?
  5. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

I have all charts since the first chart (6th December), and because the charts now have the explicit numbers on them, yes I do archive everything.

In-game, in the leaderboards menu
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I think an area chart would be the best way to show this information.
  7. Ragmash

Ragmash New Member

8. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I have had 18 wins in a row and am still silver. the **** pa?
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Would be nice to have an auto-updating graph, although I don't know how to do that, yet...

Soon™
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It's not PA's fault, it's the ranking system used.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If I had the time I could make PA Stats show that, it has enough users to spy the information for me.
  12. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Cola_Colin working for NSA confirmed.
  13. darac

darac Active Member

Is ranked play good these days? Maybe I should make a comeback.
  14. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

Compared to when? Ranked play hasnt changed that much since they launched the official ladder. OTOH its quite different from what it was back in the PA statis unofficial ladder days. Less Dox spam and symmetrical planets have changed this. Personally I'm really looking forward to next patch. The AA targeting priorities should help ease the air spam.
  15. darac

darac Active Member

Yeah I'm referring to Beta PA Stats matches.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Well then it would depend on the iteration. It's ranked matchmaking, but official, and it works pretty much as you'd expect it to.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

imho the 1v1 gameplay has suffered a lot compared to back then.

the maps are tiny, expansion is dead and nobody ever techs.

Though I think the problems are known by Uber and will probably be addressed in upcoming balance patches.
  18. squishypon3

I hope so, it just saddens me that a player can make more balance progress in a day than Uber can in weeks/months. :(
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's a tad unfair. A player only has to consider him/herself and those players that play the balance mod. Uber needs to consider the entire player base. (On top of all of the bug fixing they do.)
    I mean there are already multiple balance mods out there. Care to pick an official one? I'm sure you are not biased at all. :)
    cwarner7264 and cptconundrum like this.
  20. squishypon3

We've just been kind of asking for the same things for months. I don't know I just feel they probably don't have a dedicated balance guy or gal.

I'm not sure what mod I'd pick, I don't think I'd pick any honestly... They're great and all but they never actually end up being what we on the forums ask for, they go too far off and get too deep. Statera for example adds tons of units that might confuse the average player, and RCBM completely changes some unit mechanics/uses. (Flipping bot and vehicles) and I can't tell anything about CUBM as I haven't actually given it a try.

What I meant is that community members have made more positive changes in their particular balance than Uber does in weeks, or a month. Notice how little balance can change over time? And sometimes when it finally does it changes much too drastically and ends up throwing the balance even further off.

There was a very good time of balance in (gamma), all it required was some little tweaks... and now we have a completely wonky economy and tech balance.

Just my opinion- Uber needs to hire someone to work completely on balance alone, heck I bet they could get one of us to do it for free! (I'd do it momost certainly :p )