CSG / brush question

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by trialq, January 1, 2015.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I created an empty map and added a brush/csg. When I edit the pas it puts it in source.brushes and planetCSG (an identical object in two separate arrays). I deleted the entry in source.brushes and it didn't seem to do anything, it was still present in-game and an obstacle to pathing. I deleted planetCSG and it was no longer present in-game. What is source.brushes used for, and can I safely ignore it?

edit: Also, if you know of any caveats to pas editing please let me know.
    Last edited: January 1, 2015
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I think that source is the in-memory attribute and planetCSG is the on-disk attribute. Writing source out in the .pas is probably a bug. I think @sorian worked on that?
    trialq likes this.
  3. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I wish they could add a pivot point to the CSG's with also including the movement, rotationg and scaling tools like in maya, unity and every other moddeling game engine software. Makes placing CGS a lot faster and less tedius especially if you let them allready be snapped to the planet.

Another thing what I would like to see is a grid with the option to snap to grid. although this is more of a niche thing to have.