Crash on startup / PA.exe has stop working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dwarve1, January 10, 2016.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Install the 5000 HD then post another dxdiag. Let us know if that works.
  2. dwarve1

dwarve1 New Member

so i installed the 5000 series and it fucks up my computer
    and resolution wont change (see picture)

Attached Files:

3. mikeyh

Back to the HP driver.

What happened when your tried the latest AMD drivers and it installed the 5000 series?
  4. dwarve1

dwarve1 New Member

it happens the same
    missing information on DxDiag about Grapic and Screenresoulution who wont cange .
    it allways the same with auto updater and without.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Question for you, @dwarve1 : Which model laptop do you have? It's a HP Pavilion dv6 as far as I can tell, but which one? It should be dv6-??????, where ?????? will look something like 1234ab. I'm interested in what "1234ab" is for you. There is probably a sticker on the back that tells you that. I'm asking so that we get a list of the hardware without relying on the information that the drivers are giving us.
  6. mikeyh

dv6-3298en?
  7. dwarve1

dwarve1 New Member

Its the hp pavilion dv6-3310ez
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, ok. So it's definitely a AMD Radeon HD 6550M in there, which means the AMD legacy drivers that @mikeyh linked to earlier should have worked. The newest on the HP site are from 2010 so those will definitely not work with PA. (The link on HP says 2015, but it just contains repackaged 2010 drivers...)

So when you installed the AMD legacy drivers, how did you do that? Did you just install those over the HP ones?
    If so, could you try completely uninstalling anything related to the AMD and HP graphics drivers, then rebooting and only after that install the legacy AMD drivers? It may be that some left-overs from the HP graphics drivers break the install of the proper AMD ones.
    (Here's the link again to the proper drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64 )

Sorry HP is being so annoying. Normally updating graphics drivers is really easy and gets PA running nicely.

If the above didn't work and if you are feeling particularly adventurous, you may want to try the modded AMD drivers from lescatlabs. They are modded specifically to get around these troubles of installing the newest drivers on HP laptops (and Dell and others).
    http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1126
    But yeah, that puts you in the territory of unofficial drivers. So proceed with care if you choose this route. I have no experience with them, this is just what I found on-line. However, it seems legitimate to me and maybe worth a shot.
  9. dwarve1

dwarve1 New Member

phuu okey its a longer story but the shorrt version is ... its not a new laptop it was a gift rom a friend. and i never checkt the drivers bevor, since i tryd to pla PA. Then i realyiest thaht i have not the correct drivers because DxDiag shows missing info. Then i tried with auto detect and install from AMD and then it fucked up my pc. after that i deinstall the driver scomplete and downloadet drivers from HP. that works fine every info is showen but thy are out of date. later i tried with windows , then devicemanager and at last device manager and serching manualy the .inf files and tried to install. but all these uckt up my pc.
    now i have correct drivers but from 2010. i try now your way and hoppe its work.
  10. dwarve1

dwarve1 New Member

So i deinstalled my actual drivers and installed the downlodedt from the link you posted. But same result resoulution wrong dxdiag wrong and it shows up the message "you dont have amd drivers installet or they are not the correct drivers for your system pls download corrct drivers from amd"

But i have the version nummber of the 5000 series who got installed. Maybe this help . Its 15 200.1062.1004. Maybe know you see if the wrong driver or its a stupid pc.

EDIT: I Think i call tomorow HP and AMD and they should solve these problem. Thats not a user frendly product . im not a IT Guy or some genius how know whats to do. i want update with 2-3 clicks not hours of tying some stuff.:mad:
    Last edited: January 11, 2016