Crash on start PA:Titans, OSX Sierra

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rtoma, December 24, 2016.

1. rtoma

rtoma New Member

I just bought PA: Titans. When trying to start the game, I always get a crash without seeing any screen even.

I reinstalled the game, reinstalled steam and all the apps, the issue is always there.

Attach is the crash report.

Let me know if anything else is needed. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    R

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Strange it seems to be missing a library. Can you verify the game files for PA in Steam? See here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181233096
    Technically that should have the same effect as reinstalling the game, but try it anyway.
  3. rtoma

rtoma New Member

Thanks for the answer. I did just that and all went fine with the validation. Crash is still there though, every time I try to start it.

Attached Files:

4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Do you have GOG Galaxy installed?
  5. rtoma

rtoma New Member

no
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Any chance you're running PA on a case sensitive partition?

Try the following in terminal:

Code:
    install_name_tool -change @loader_path/libGalaxy.dylib @executable_path/libgalaxy.dylib "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation Titans/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/PA"

install_name_tool -change @loader_path/libGalaxyPeer.dylib @executable_path/libgalaxypeer.dylib "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation Titans/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/PA"

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/libgalaxy.dylib "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation Titans/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/libgalaxy.dylib"

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/libgalaxypeer.dylib "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation Titans/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/libgalaxypeer.dylib"

If your username is not USER then you'll need to update the paths.
    Last edited: December 31, 2016