Could any modder help me?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ksgrip, March 4, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Im doing so, it is still uploading i didn´t change anything in the files apart from build.js, and the bot_aa, also the icon atlas.
  2. s03g

s03g Member

I've just had a brain wave, it's gonna be in 2 parts, 1 part will be the server mod and the other will be the client mod. Gimme a few minutes and we'll see what I can rustle up :). That is unless if I'm barking up the wrong tree which could be possible lol
  3. s03g

s03g Member

now I've hit a brick wall, how do I go abut assigning the AA bot to the UI without removing any of the other bots?
  4. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Do you see in the build.js the number near say "bot"
    that is a matrix that has an stablish position depending on the number
    @DeathByDenim did you check the dropbpx?
  5. s03g

s03g Member

that's useful thank you for that :), hopefully I should be able to finish up now :)
  6. s03g

s03g Member

I'm now trying to visualize where the AA bot belongs in the grid, I'm thinking no.5 although I'm sure that you can change it if you'd like what I've done :)
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I can't access the DropBox, since the e-mail/password combination is not valid. Also that's not how you are supposed to use DropBox. Now everybody can change the password, delete files and all sorts of nasty stuff. Actually, that may be the reason I can't log in. :)

When you upload a file to DropBox, you should be able to share just a file or folder. I don't use DropBox myself, but there should be a way to just get a link to a file. ( https://www.dropbox.com/help/274 )
  8. s03g

s03g Member

I won the bout, now who would like a working AA bot?
  9. s03g

s03g Member

Just found a problem, the strategic icon doesn't want to work :mad:
  10. DeathByDenim

Ah, you got it working? Neat!
    Now publish it on PAMM.

(Edit: Oh, once you get the icon to work...)
  11. s03g

s03g Member

lol yeah that would kinda help I guess :), although there might be a slight problem, I took the picture of the bot from another mod although the strategic icon is my own although the outline is from the Dox and then the line is from the AA vehicle but apart from that I done the rest kind of thing :)

edit: strategic icon is now working :)
  12. s03g

s03g Member

@DeathByDenim how would you advise me to go about getting permission to use said file in the mod as it's from the Realm Balance mod, as I don't want to step on anyone's toes kind of thing?
  13. DeathByDenim

Good question. I think that mod has been decommissioned, but @zweistein000 did the last update, so he may know more about that.
  14. s03g

s03g Member

yeah that was my thinking to but it's always better to be safe than sorry :)
  15. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I managed to get it working¡¡¡ but it has a borrowed icon form modx... I need permission from its creator. I also made it shoot ground units
    @DeathByDenim @s03g
    @zx0 do i have your permission?
    Last edited: March 6, 2015
  16. s03g

s03g Member

ah ok, I don't have any say over that mod as I wasn't 1 of the creators of it.

I might be wrong in thinking this but so long as you don't distribute it without permission e.g. classing it as your own as such then I can't see there being an issue whereas if it's for your own personal use then that might be a different thing altogether.
  17. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about aa bot icon? Sure, you can use it. This one will probably fit better though. It's pretty much scaled icon from the game, no need to credit me or anything.
  18. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Mem I love you so much. I had this icpn but without the anti air simbol:))
    . Also, do you know how to edit the images to guve them that saturated sadow the have on the unit icon, the strategy one. Cause uber has in their units right now
  19. s03g

s03g Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 7, 2015
    Ksgrip likes this.
  20. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Since I don't feel like reading the entire thread, what icon are you on about? If its any strategic one you will need to ask @nanolathe, if it's a build bar on for one of the units that exist in the vanilla game, those are just modified uber ones, and for custom units I think that @YourLocalMadSci took the picture in a 3d program and then we just used gimp to colourise it.