Could any modder help me?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ksgrip, March 4, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Hi, my question and request is simple.
    I want so badly to have the stinger in the game but since Uber did remove it i can't see my desire satisfied.
    I ask any modder who knows how to make a server mod so I can get this little dream accomplished:))
    Could anyone do a mod that achieve this? Or at least tell me how to do so. Aka ( show mw what program I need to read pa files, where are the stinger ones..etc).
    I would be so much pleased to see this little dream come true, and i think i´m not the only one. Thanks to everyone:))
  2. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

It'll take me but a moment, I'm pretty sure the files are still in there...

EDIT: or maybe not, I'll poke around a bit further but may take someone who actually has the files to do it, looks like only the unit jsons are there, none of the UI stuff.
    Last edited: March 5, 2015
    Ksgrip likes this.
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Thanks mate for taking your time. So is there any possibility of making such mod without much work? Could anyone ansqer his question?;)
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oh yeah- it's super simple.

In fact the spinner might still be in the unitlist.json, but if not you'll need to add it. I can help walk you through it if you'd like.

But basically you need to write the path of the bot_aa.json file into the unitlist.json and in the share.js iirc.
  5. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Yeah of course i would need help. If nonoone offers to do that for me:p
    I ask you some extensive help cause i have 0 idea of what to do. I don't even know what I need to opne a .json file:p
    Really no clue. And also i would like to be able to play it o a server
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I checked the files and there is no ui for the stinger but the unit is still in game. Anyone Know what to do?
  7. squishypon3

Do you have teamspeak? Also Steam? I can walk you through this. =)
  8. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I have no teamspek but I have steam. Thanks for your atention:))
    I have seen that there is no ui for the unit, what could I do?
  9. squishypon3

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean it doesn't appear in the factories build bar?

Also: Add me on steam.. The name is "Festive Marshmallow Vinyl~"
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The issue I had when I tried was that I couldn't get it into the factory build bar (though I admit I have 0 experience actually adding units into the game, all my mods change existing units...)
  11. s03g

s03g Member

I had a look earlier and basically the image for the AA bot has been removed. If someone is able to upload said image and then re-add the bot to build.js which is located in Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\ui\main\shared\js

The above process is fairly easy and I'm not 100% sure if it would need to be a server mod as the units files are still in the game, albeit missing from the UI although I'd say to be on the safe side of caution to do it as a server mod on the off chance that Uber removes the remaining files for the bot.
  12. squishypon3

It does need to be a server mod as the AA bot needs the "UNITTYPE_FactoryBuild" attribute.

Just so you guys know I helped him add the unit in, ultimately he finished it up though because I was a hit rusty. Haven't added a unit into the game in quite a long while.

But yeah you need to edit the build.js to include the unot and the bot_aa.json to have the right unittype tag. The icon should still be in there but you may need to remain it (and then remain the path within the bot_aa.json)

I've added many custom units into the game when I was working on the Statera mod so if anyone ever needs any help I'm open. ;P
    s03g likes this.
  13. s03g

s03g Member

I must confess that I had missed that attribute missing in the json file along with the image for the strategic icon too (I'd of thought that the image\s would've been kept). To be fair I don't know who to ask to see if I can have them both so that I can add them into the mod that I've been working on please.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Bot AA has been gone for longer than the newest strat icons and build icons. If you still had them, they would look outdate, i.e. not blue and probably a block instead of transparent.

They took it out before changing build icons and strat icons, back before build icons are light blue for t1 and dark blue for t2. With a graphic program, you can make a crude one I am sure, maybe add blue hue to the old build icon.
  15. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I used the realm build_bar icon, this is mod is for me so I don´t consider releasing it. Unless I get it completely working and they let me use the icon, of course with the corresponding authors name
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  16. squishypon3

The icon was the original icon, they had to rename it though because otherwise it wasn't able to be shadowed. AFAIK.

@stuart98 @zweistein000
  17. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So I managed to break the game... could anyone who knows how to, do an easy mod for me?:p please
    @raeven or any other modder? Just asking. Doesn´t matter if you don´t want:))
    Have a good day
  18. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Just post what you have so far and you'll be helped (probably ;)).
    Also, break how? Server crashes? Anything in the server log then?
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Men i´m trying to post the files but it doesn´t wnat to work either
    im uploading to a generic dropbox
    borjajesus@hotmail.com
    password : password
    @DeathByDenim look at it please
    Last edited: March 6, 2015
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Why not? Is the zipped file larger than 1.6MB? If so, you can just post a DropBox link or use any other file sharing service.