Cosmetic Upgrades for Cash

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Pandemonium, December 19, 2010.

1. HawkSeraph

HawkSeraph New Member

Hm.. yeah. I think I would really love this.
    I am a total sucker for customization, so I guess that snot a very hard choice for me.
    Oh, and it wuold relly help to biuld a sense of individuality, i.e. when a team has 2 people on the same class...
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We always intended to do customization with the Pros. The world lends itself well for cosmetic changes and it makes sense with the endorsed sports metaphor. I read through every single post in this thread and there are some good ideas and thoughts on how we should/shouldn't do cosmetic add-ons. Thank you.
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Because he's the favorite, silly~
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I approve of the stickers, etc... however, I do not want another failure like Hat Fortress 2.

With the many crazy gun and extra customization, it no longer felt like a skillful/challenging game. I liked sticking with the original guns personally. Then the hats and stuff got out of control.
  5. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

wat

I re-iterate: the overall gameplay in TF2 hasn't changed because of the addition of primarily cosmetic hats and "sidegrade" (as opposed to upgrade) weapons, nor has the challenge presented by opponents. Using different weapons is not mandatory, and because there are very rarely instances where a non-standard weapon is a definite upgrade over the standard weapon, you are at no disadvantage when you are playing.

I mean really, these kinds of arguments seem to be the equivalent of "I saw them change the way the game is played I don't like change let me whine about it."
  6. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

Something in game like this would be kind of cool.

Maybe an item you purchase with lifetime cash which changes the way your juice functions, so instead of making you a one-man killing machine it influences team mates (or enemies (or both)) within a certain range.
  7. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

LIES!!!!!!!

How are we snipers supposed to headshot something that spins faster than a freaking ferriswheel on highspeed down mount rushmore?! Or a chipmunk on coffee?!
    Seriously nobody cares for us! :evil: :mrgreen:

"If Speed and Deadly Accuracy had Children-...?"

On-Topic:
    I would really like to see some kind of customization for this game. Armor Wise! Just armor! And color! Nothing more! Not picked out from another game, but handdrawn armors for every class. I could imagine the gunner in some kind of black/purple rock style armor with spikes on his shoulders and black star-glasses that are purple around the edges giving him a new taunt pulling out a guitar or something.
  8. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Sounds great, but don't go overboard with very random things...

like neon pink weapons/paint. :roll:
  9. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

The problem with coloring armor is that it'd make it awfully hard to determine which team somebody is on, since the teams are kind of color-coded already.
  10. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Aw man, it's starting to sound like TF2 all over again... Please NO SHADES NO HATS. I don't want to see people dressed up in silly stuff. The characters already look good as they are.
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

The game is pretty light hearted on purpose. We already have silly stuff like bacon that makes you awesome, a dancing mascot, juice armor that looks like t-rex and snakes. It's a sports themed game with paid sponsors so if we do add any cosmetic updates it will be in theme of the game or visualizing the different branded sponsors. The characters were designed to have some changeable gear like pads, weapons, backpacks, etc.
  12. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

That would be fine. Just seeing a sniper with a tophat and wearing some weird glasses, or I'm not sure. I just don't want customization the way it is in TF2.

Anyway, I'm sure whatever you guys do will look nice.
  13. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

I'm going to put my ships into the "For the love of God, don't do what TF2 did" harbour.
    I quit TF2 because it was getting completely stupid - and I play this game mainly because it reminds me of what TF2 used to be.
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Ah yes, I completely agree.
  15. ilyoung

ilyoung New Member

less time on customization, and more time for new maps (and possibly game modes!)

if customization is something you guys will be working on though, i hope they fit in with the style of the armor/models that are already on the characters, sort of like halo 3 customizations. top-hats, bear hats, or all that super silly stuff just is too random and tasteless for such a well designed and visually simple game that is MNC. but for me, i still stick with the idea that is customization is unnecessary.
  16. Spectral

Spectral New Member

I could see random stickers or colors on a player based off of their endorsements.
  17. fxs

fxs Member

customization like hats / weapons and that store killed tf2 :(

[2]

:?
  18. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

I'm still not seeing how tf2 is dead. Sure, maybe you don't play it anymore, but there's still a large and very active community. Also the microtransaction store is a brilliant idea and I fully support Uber if they decide to introduce one if it means Uber is still supporting this game with regular updates two, three years down the line. The microtransaction model has worked for Turbine in MMOs (reports indicate that LOTRO has tripled it's income since switching to F2P with a microtransaction,) it's worked for Valve in TF2 (again I point to the five digit royalty checks that the community designers received for their contributions to the painterly pack update.) It's foolish for a company to limit themselves from utilizing that business model because some of their customers don't like it and are vocal on their forums about their dislike. Turbine's forums and Valve's forums have post after post of veterans whining about the microtransaction store; but in both cases the company made money, which allowed them (or rewarded them for) the continued support of their product, which directly benefited the same veterans so adamantly opposed to the store in the first place; assuming they didn't throw their tempur tantrums and stop playing entirely.
  19. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Juice armor looks like Tron actually >.>
  20. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Noticed that as well. :)