Core supremacist vermin or Arm rebel scum?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thepastmaster, September 6, 2012.

1. nateious

nateious Active Member

+1

Wouldn't be too keen on forcing people IRL but for a game where conflict is needed I'm sticking with Core.
  2. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

NOTE: This tactic won't work well if your enemy is watching closely enough to micro his unit away from your Atlas.

As I recall it was technically possible to do this with your enemies commander. Now true, you couldn't capture it, but you could keep it airborne and effectively useless until you could find a suitable place to shoot it to death.
  3. thorneel

thorneel Member

Finally a side who doesn't use genocide as a standard foreign policy.
  4. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

5. rec0n412

rec0n412 Member

What madness is this?!?!?

Genocide is the ONLY foreign policy!
  6. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Two things. First, why bother using micro to move your units out of the way? You could keep the unit moving for a while (just one click is really all you need), which would make the transport take a longer time to pick up the unit. If they manage to take your unit, you just self-destruct it and the problem is solved (at the loss of a unit, but they would have it anyway :/).

Secondly, yes, you could pick up the enemy commander. I'm NOT sure (seeing as it's a tactic usually looked down upon, so I haven't done it in a while), but I think you can just self-destruct the transport to kill the unit it is carrying. No need to shoot it down.

Still, it's really easy to get sampsons, or defenders up by the time the enemy gets a transport to you. Transport planes will easily die to even one of those. No units stolen at all (barring the fact that most people don't have defenses next to all their construction units, especially if they are trying to expand your base).
  7. primewar

primewar Member

Usually, if you pick up the enemy commander it is early game and they don't have much in teh way of defensive units. But if you did, just hold him over their base and let them shoot it down. Cheese happens. This is why commanders cheap AA.

But in any case, in many matches the first construction unit goes into either T2 production plant, Geothermal plants, or a long range gun. Rarely AA comes out first. So nabbing the first construction unit isn't very hard usually.
  8. drtomb

drtomb Member

CORE, armor and firepower beeaatch!
  9. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Apparently you don't play on Warzone. None of the pros will EVER go to T2 (except for t2 kbot lab on GOW if they want pelicans) after getting their first con. In fact, most people won't go T2 until late late in the game, if ever at all. Spamming flashes, defenders and occasionally samsons? Every, single, game.
  10. primewar

primewar Member

Was your intent to come across as arrogant? Success.

None of what was said changed anything I said. Shockingly, the AI does the same thing. Who knew. And for the record, I run games on gameranger every week as I fit things into my schedule. Catch me there some time and we can compare penis lengths.

But while im returning the favor of being an ***, Necro is a T2 unit. Amazing how that works.
  11. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

No, it was not meant to come off as arrogant, and I'm sorry that it did. In fact, I'm a noob that uses some of the strategies you've posted. Never works against the pros. I know, because I lose against them all the time, and anyone else I've seen that uses those strategies keeps losing too. Personally, gameranger and all the older clients got me thinking I was fairly good. Got on Warzone and found myself to be really bad.

Also, the spamming of flashes/defenders/samsons is not a good thing (for variety's sake).

I apologize for upsetting you, but still, your post is quiet a bit more offensive.
  12. primewar

primewar Member

Well, you've defused what irritation i had left. Sorry for going turbo *** about it.
  13. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

I like Arm the best. Design is good and they have EMG. :D Core may have better specialized units but their design. Ugh. It's just BEGGING me to blow it up.

Gotta love the Necro though.
  14. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

True, But you do still need to notice though in case your commander was in the middle of building something (as he often is) and stationary when the transport arrived. Also, it is actually just better to go ahead and micro your commander long enough to laser the transport to death rather than running and letting it disrupt your ability to use your commander to build for any real length of time.

Ah yes, I had forgotten that little detail. Been too long since I played TA.

And yes, of course it is. I never said this was a good tactic. It's basically trolling. The post just happened to remind me of this little tactic which brought back a bit of nostalgia for me. It was one of the more comical cheeses in the days of TA. Even if you hate cheese (which I do), you had to admit, this one was at least pretty funny once.
  15. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Actually, I brought up this tactic like a week ago in these forums, and yes, it was awesome for trolling. ESPECIALLY against your friends if they are new to the game and have no clue what you where about to do.

Also, the thing about moving a unit away was directed at construction units, not the Commander.
  16. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

Ah yes, for a constructor moving it away does make more sense of course.

Also, I didn't mention it earlier, but on the subject of CoArm. I used to do this all the time on the missions. I found that on many of the missions they were not so great at remembering to limit the available units for your enemy (they would limit by AI instead) so you could often acquire units you probably shouldn't have that could make the missions really easy.

in multiplayer? not so much. As we've pointed out, it wasn't that hard to prevent this if your opponent was paying attention at all. And even if you did pull it off, it often wasn't worth the time necessary to tech back up to whatever it was you wanted in the first place.
  17. claw55

claw55 New Member

Core... though in my opinion, PA is exactly what would happen if we allowed militarized consciousness to live forever. In other words, closest thing to a full sequel we'll likely ever get!
  18. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

Hehehe. This is what I though. PA is almost like the universe where Core won the war then throughout the ages, slipped away from their humanity and into war once more.
  19. allot

allot Member

Lore wise : Arm
    But Core was a favorite ingame.
  20. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

PEEEEEWEEEEEE Army of DEATH D:<

Arm 4 LIFE