Controlling bombers?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bluestrike01, January 20, 2015.

1. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

I seem to be somewhat ineffective with bombers.

Whats the best way to control them?
    Set an area attack? (Do they prioritise AA?)
    Have them selected and set new manual targets? This makes then slow down and get shot down.
    Just use a move command and they will auto attack when flying over enemies?
    Or a attack move command?
  2. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Depends on how many you have, but here is a tactic if you have a good clump of them:
    Take you air force and while holding ctrl, click to move the air force across the land units. The benifit of this is that they won't stop (because of the ctrl click) and also that the damage of the bombers are spread out rather than focused on the single unit they would target with an attack commander.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I usually snipe one particular building and then just let them figure out everything else themselves or use an area command.
  4. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I actually want to know this too.
  5. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

As far as I observed it, no they don't. It's a bit annoying as it is vice versa. You have to micro some bombers to get the aa first and then go on patrol/area attack over the enemy. While fighting against moving forces it seems go to move your bombers manually back and force around the blob while the automatically drop the bombs.