Conspiracy Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by notgunkedcontrol, June 13, 2015.

1. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

From what I am reading on xbox.com it sounds like when murky sends the invite xbox will send you a new message with the download code.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

the code is given to you from within the preview app, which then activates your account within it. It's not sent as a regular message.

if you don't already have the preview app downloaded, you won't be able to find or accept the invite that he sends. I had a few people send some invites and haven't gotten anything and thats when I searched for it.

also I've just started doing the rounds, sending messages to the guys at Uber to find out if MNC on Xbox 1 is something they're open to.
    Last edited: June 16, 2015
  3. teapot

"We're open to it, but the status is undetermined at this point. Lots of moving parts to handle."

I have no idea what it means or what it entails. To be honest though I don't think a lot of developers know what the emulation will be like. I asked for some more details, but just now sent a follow up question regarding porting the game, versus emulating it.

GC I'll work on getting you an invite so you can try for yourself.

edit: found the dude who made the emulator and did the launch video. looks like he never checks his twitter but I at least can talk to someone who had a hand in making this happen
    Last edited: June 16, 2015
  4. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Seems like they don't really have to do anything besides give the green light. If this is true and they go for it, we, the early access people, can have MNC ONE by the end of the week.
    untouchablexp likes this.
  5. teapot

That's what it sounded like to me. I don't know if it's that simple, and emulation and porting have never really been that simple. However they said they only needed the approval for licensing/legal purposes. The emulator from what I've seen just literally gives you an Xbox 360 to use. The entire interface is the same and everything transfers over, I couldn't really imagine what they'd have to do, or what these moving parts are.
  6. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Just makes no sense that you would need the app to get an invite to download the app.
  7. teapot

which is still slightly off.

Xbox sent you a message asking if you wanted to be part of the program, and I guess had a code in there to download the preview app. If you didn't download the app then, you wouldn't be able to get it now. If you downloaded the app but didn't actually link your account with it, you can be invited into the preview program. The friend invite is to get all the preview content, not to download the app.

I don't think it makes sense either, but I can see how they would want to limit the preview program, especially knowing that everyone would try to get in after E3. I could be wrong, but I looked this up quite a bit and haven't found anything else.
  8. teapot

I'm doing my best to talk to Scathis about this, but I'm pretty sure like most developers, they aren't really aware of what this backwards compatibility really entails.

I did however get the dude who created the backwards compatible emulator to respond to Scathis in the tweets. Maybe they'll talk about it or look more into it then..

https://twitter.com/wcstillwell/status/610923428867141632
    notgunkedcontrol and stuart98 like this.
  9. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

will the matchmaking be integrated into 1 server? if not there will be no lobbies going
  10. prodigymobile

prodigymobile Active Member

Lol, but for real what were we expecting?

MNC 2 may happen, in the far future.

And when it does, I guarantee it won't be as good as MNC.

And if MNC does get backwards compatibility for XBONE, what will that even mean? Are we going to be able to play cross console pubs? Is it going to spilt the already tiny community? Is it going to be local blitz only?

I guess I don't see why you guys are interested is this.
  11. y3434

y3434 Active Member

"...But we also need people infrastructure in place to handle an influx of players. Customer service reps, community mgmt, etc...."

You got the message, folks. If we want MNC on X1 we better do our best to prevent an influx of players and keep the community small.
  12. untouchablexp

untouchablexp Active Member

Nice work.
  13. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
  14. teapot

it's pretty unlikely that it will happen, and that's on uber's end.

However if this was to happen, it let's X1 and 360 play together on the same servers online. I read some of the bugs that the games have and it looks like it really isn't as simple as just clearing the license. There's an issue with it now that they are trying to fix but people can play Perfect Dark on XBLA and do split screen Co-Op, meaning that you see both you and me on your screen at the same time. One of us can be on Xbox 1 and the other on 360.

Anything can change but the intention for all these games will allow for cross console gaming.
  15. prodigymobile

Well if it works, and no extra issues to gameplay, that's cool.

I mean Todd Howard claims we may finally have mods for the xbone w/FO4. And if that's true (wasn't for skyrim) then who knows maybe we'll have flawless cross platform game.

This is relevant to ask so how does pc/360 cross platform work for shadowrun? Does it cause any problems? Besides the mouse vs controller gameplay.
  16. prodigymobile

Imagine if that happened, an influx of MNC newbs so large they needed to hire people to control it.

Untouchable would finally be better then the majority of the community.
  17. teapot

So far there seems to be some bugs for all the games in testing, but I guess that's why we're not getting any of this till late fall. I assume there will be issues considering there is still issues on the 360 version. I was HOPING that X1's 360 emulator would actually be capable of running these games more efficiently, meaning that maybe X1 could possibly keep the game at 30fps even in over-time. That seems unlikely.

Theres some issues in Shadowrun but it's actually pretty different. The bridge to a PC and a Console is way more complicated than the X1 using a 360 emulator and 360 servers, but on Shadowrun the last update they did for it fucked up the voice chat and prevented PC and 360 players from talking to each other. PC players can also get higher FPS which I feels help them, but one cool thing is that they could host dedicated servers.

We are seriously slacking though. Shadowrun has like 400 votes and 20+ comments. It sticks out like crazy when you're looking through the games. but yeah scratch our game is alive lol

I'd love for it to be part of the emulation, and I kinda hate kickstarters, but I wish they'd do a kickstarter to gain the money to patch/update the 360 version. It'd be really time consuming for them, especially with a new game they're making, and I don't really have the faith that they even have the time to do to an as is emulation

maybe for about 2 weeks
  18. purplescratchy

Sorry??? When did i say otherwise. You must have clearly not understood the few sentences i said lol
  19. purplescratchy

[​IMG]
  20. teapot

Did you get your cast off? or are you no longer typing with your elbows?

When you said MNC will continue to live, I must have assumed you meant the game was alive. Around here, dead things really can't continue to live, but who knows how things work by you.