Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

They will be. That doesn't mean other Commanders won't replace them for the newer players.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Never said that ... the tankkind commander might be the third available to release players there would still be one missing
    Last edited: December 30, 2013
  3. nanolathe

So there will NEVER be another biped Commander like the Alpha or the Delta available to the general user base? Where on Earth are you getting your 'facts' from?

Biped, Chicken, Multiped, Tank. There all there unless I've suddenly become unable to count to four.

More Commanders are being made and I severely doubt that the release line up would just 'forget' to include a Biped Commander for those that didn't preorder.

Not that the look of the Commander does anything other than be aesthetically different.
  4. MrTBSC

Who did ever said that?
    were did i imply the devs wouldnt do another normal bipedal comm
    i merely stated that with the tanklike one 2 are missing to be included FOR the release players ... i dont get how you just interpretated into that ...
    and i currently counted 2 with 2 more coming possibly more that would be for all and not 109+ .. i never stated otherwise
    Last edited: December 31, 2013
  5. nanolathe

o_O

Ok. whatever.
  6. MrTBSC

Im gonna shoot your krootbutt with a cppc someday :mad:
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

zweistein000, I'm just gonna touch on some of these.

[CONFIRMED] Wreckage (reclaimable): this has been fully implemented, right? Or an I missing something.
    -this is something I've wanted to double check in game but just haven't gotten around to it-

[UNCONFIRMED] Mining/exploiting planets for resources: - wait what? What are mexes then? Also you can build power generators on other planets, right? doesn't that count as exploiting the planet for its resources.

[UNCONFIRMED] Artillery warfare: - stompers, shellers, pelters, catapults, holkings, nukes, Barracuda and stingray.
    -I'm just gonna pull these out now-

[UNCONFIRMED] Tutorial: - well there's the tutorial video, but I'm not sure if that qualifies.
    -Technically, but we don't know if there are any plans yet for "release" thought-

[UNCONFIRMED] Transports: - Well technically the Astraeus is a transport.
    -Yes, but we've known about it since the visualization, this entry needs tweaking as the 2 links don't cover much in the case of details and what it does contain is already covered by other thins, I'll probably be changing this to be more along the lines of Air Transports-

[WILL NOT BE PRESENT] Space combat: - Should be moved into unconfirmed i think, since Neutrino did say (after flaws with orbital became clear) that he's unsure how the new orbital is going to work and that maybe (but this was just an idea he threw out, it hadn't been considered at all at the time) orbital fighters will be able to do this. We only know that it's going to be earlier in tech tree and that we will be building space stations with orbital fabbers.
    -I doubt this will need to be changed even after we know more about the revised Orbital, Neutrino has always said that PA's focus is on surface combat, Space based combat as talked about by the community is almost directly opposed to eh idea of focusing on surface combat-

[SUGGESTION] Orbital constructions - Wasn't this confirmed.
    -This was a hold over from the original list with no accompanying links, I need to go through and really weed out the suggestions because those aren't really the focus of the CFL-

[SUGGESTION] Limited unit fuel, ammo, energy, etc - well bombers and orbital laser have limited ammo.

[CONFIRMED] 4 Commander 'Types'/'Skeletons' - Well delta and alpha are not here to stay (at least not for everyone), but we do already have 4 commanders
    -As Nanolathe already explained, this isn't talking about the amount of commanders, but rather the different TYPES, check the links for this one to get a better idea if you're still unsure about the meaning-

[CONFIRMED] Ice planets - in there since forever, but they do use the earth template with temperature set to 0.
    [CONFIRMED] Water planets: - again - in there, but in the same manner as ice planets.
    -I see this as a technicality, there isn't enough there to qualify it as a separate planet type yet-

[UNCONFIRMED] Orbital simulation of planet motion (which can be affected by player): - wasn't this confirmed? (Moving asteroids and planets form one orbit to another with halleys)
    -If you check the linked thread you'll see they're talking about something similar, but still different to that, this could use some re-branding possibly-

[UNCONFIRMED] Adding orders to the beginning of the order queue (see here): #1 - this one is present twice on the list. - under user interface and gameplay features.
    [SUGGESTION] Adjustable keybindings - literally 4 lines below [IMPLEMENTED] Adjustable keybindings
    -Fixed-

[SUGGESTION] Custom formations, see e.g. here - wasn't this confirmed?
    -Do you have a Dev post on it?-

[SUGGESTION] Chat lobbies in-game
    [SUGGESTION] Friends system, with tournaments and other events (e.g. planned mega-game events)
    [SUGGESTION] Live TV/replay function (e.g. for tournaments) - aren't all these implemented?
    -Not quite, by Chat lobbies they are referring to a central chat, not just the Game lobby or in-game chat. There is no in-game tools for friends or tournaments yet. The ChronoCam works, but is not accessible outside of the game your currently playing.

[CONFIRMED] Twitch.tv Integrated Streaming: - implemanted
    -Updated-

Mike
    zweistein000 and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. Yaljin

Yaljin New Member

Feature set suggestion - Order complete notice

Currently we have a "flash notice" appear where the commander is attacked or when a building is completed. And you can click the flash notice to go to the location. This is great :)

Could we have a tab that lists all of the completed orders. That this tab be hidden or shown as by user choice.

Suggestions in a perfect world:

Have a side preference pane that allows you to choose what you are to notified about.
    Be able to put each type of notification into primary, secondary and tertiary category. Each may have a colour.
    • Primary flash on your screen, with a sound (user could define from options which sound)
    • Secondary, just a sound
    • Tertiary just appear in the order completion tab

Things that you could be notified about:
    • Commander under attack
    • Commander has no orders
    • Building complete
    • Building has no orders
    • Unit being attacked
    • Fabricator # has no orders
    • New unknown unit has appeared on your radar, maybe define which radar

Advanced:
    • Be able to define geography locations e.g. Northern pass.
    • That notifications contain the geographic name
  9. KNight

Sorry, this isn't for suggestions.

Mike
  10. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Wow, so many things done now and so many that still to be done...

I think that more "CONFIRMED" features can be changed to "IMPLEMENTED" now. ^^
  11. KNight

Can you be more specific?

Mike
  12. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Yes:

[CONFIRMED] Teleportation and long distance travel
    [CONFIRMED] Wreckage (reclaimable)
    [CONFIRMED] 4 Commander 'Types'/'Skeletons'
    => OK the 4th one is not present yet
    [CONFIRMED] Ice planets
    [CONFIRMED] Water planets
    => We can adjust settings for both in planet editor
    Last edited: January 28, 2014
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Yeah, that's actually a good idea. Then people have a better idea of how things have progressed.
  14. KNight

I'll take a better look at them tomorrow, I have talked about a couple of those already quite recently thought.

Mike
  15. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Hmm, this list is a bit outdated now in my opinion, could you change the new thing if you have the time? Not a new list 3.0 but an update would be nice for the new players, this is an important list.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Multiple viewports
    Confirmed --> Implemented

Spectator / Replay UI

Orchestral Soundtrack

Teleportation and long distance travel

Transports

Water platforms for construction on sea
    Suggestion --> Will not be implemented (Uber came up with a much better solution)

Ice Planets

Large / Huge Planets

Water Planets

Adding orders to the beginning of the order queue
    Unconfirmed --> Implemented (I think?)

Ferrying controls for transports as in SupCom
    Suggestion --> Will not be implemented (area load / unload instead)

Markers
    Suggestion --> Implemented

Custom campaigns and missions
    Suggestion --> Confirmed

Jon Mavor crunching for a solid year
  17. KNight

It's always a matter of time of course! I also have a live stream to index as well that I've fallen behind on! xD

I will get to it all eventually, just gotta deal with work and other lame life stuff.

Mike
    FXelix likes this.
  18. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

--> Experimental
  19. cat1974

cat1974 New Member

I personally think that not only the fastest clicking players should be rewarded / win but good planning should be rewarded too. For that I think you would need some tools in the UI like templates for buildings, travellroutes for units which can be saved. This way you can plan a strategy an then try out if it works severall times without having to click yourself to death. I mean if you try out a strategy and have to click for each building in your build order every game again and again not only is that repetitive it's also extremely anoying.
  20. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

Since teleporters are in the game, Teleportation and long distance travel should be changed from confirmed to implemented